Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Its truly amazing what different managers do with different players, ive cursed delph out for years and thought he was just another kid who never lived up to the hype but for say the past 6 months hes turned into the player everyone though he would be before the injury. Couldn't believe how well he played last night, saturday and the tail end of last season. 

Absolutely undropable in this form.

I agree that managers can make a big difference but I think the biggest thing with Delph has been fitness.  Throughout his time at Villa he has been trying to adapt to the Premier League and has never been fully fit.  You don't just become shit but can fitness and confidence really do make a massive difference. 

I remember years ago when we signed Delph a Leeds fan in the barbers was telling me he will one day be our best player.  From what I'm starting to see I actually think the guy could be right.

Our three midfielders were brilliant against Chelsea and Delph was the best of them. If he could've done something rather than get dispossessed the two times he beat several players it would've been a 10 out of 10 performance.

So good to have a really competitive 4 of Delph, Westwood, Sylla and KEA to choose from in the midfield 3 of our 4-3-3 and how well has at worked against two of the best in London.

no where to see footage of last night, if i could afford to go to games, i would, as it happens what i earn is my monthly bills, so having the treat of watching 22 over paid pri madonnas carelessly running around a plastic pitch for 90 minutes isnt as option :-)

if i did go to games, i wouldnt spend hours everyday on this site reading all what you guys post :-)

Fair enough if you can't afford to go to games so only watch Villa the odd time on MOTD. But surely you can't expect people to take your opinions to be even slightly valid, if all you see is the goals?

• Like 2

Delph regained his crown as interception king from El Ahmadi tonight. 4 interceptions and 5 tackles.

I liked the way at times he dribbled out of trouble to create space in midfield.

However, when he dribbled out of trouble he got a simple pass away and that was sweet because he took the simple ball. But when his dribbles were deliberate attacking moves I think he got dispossessed or misplaced the pass at the end of it every time.

What's the difference? He tries to do too much himself. He's not dribbling 40 yards and passing the ball back to Guzan anymore but he is obviously over-complicating it. It's stopping him being an attacking force.

If Delph could dribble and then release effectively then he would link midfield and attack better than any other midfielder we have.

Completely agree with this. Needs to lift his head a little more to find the right pass at times, then he'll be adding to his assists tally no end.

Delph regained his crown as interception king from El Ahmadi tonight. 4 interceptions and 5 tackles.

I liked the way at times he dribbled out of trouble to create space in midfield.

However, when he dribbled out of trouble he got a simple pass away and that was sweet because he took the simple ball. But when his dribbles were deliberate attacking moves I think he got dispossessed or misplaced the pass at the end of it every time.

What's the difference? He tries to do too much himself. He's not dribbling 40 yards and passing the ball back to Guzan anymore but he is obviously over-complicating it. It's stopping him being an attacking force.

If Delph could dribble and then release effectively then he would link midfield and attack better than any other midfielder we have.

Completely agree with this. Needs to lift his head a little more to find the right pass at times, then he'll be adding to his assists tally no end.

That would be nice.

However, we don't need Delph to take up this responsibility. He does enough as it is with his interceptions, tackles and dribbles (which creates space). If he does goals and assists as well, so much the better. Point is, we don't need him to do that if he is unable to.

IMO it's not that he's "unable to" create chances and score goals, instead that due to his long term injuries he's tried to make sure he's mastered all the basics and neat and tidy stuff before he starts to take more chances (e.g. shots and killer balls), and it's clear to see in recent games he is trying these things a lot more as his confidence grows...

Needs a goal.

I agree. Even though he's been playing extremely well at bossing the midfield, I just think a goal will lift him to even higher levels and improve his confidence even more.

What I really like about him is that he always turns up against the better teams, he really seems to relish those type of games doesn't he ?

• Like 1

Needs a goal.

I agree. Even though he's been playing extremely well at bossing the midfield, I just think a goal will lift him to even higher levels and improve his confidence even more.

What I really like about him is that he always turns up against the better teams, he really seems to relish those type of games doesn't he ?

Not just the big games, he was great during our run in last season too against teams of all levels. You're thinking that because of how he's played this week against two of the better sides.

I'm not moaning in any way, shape or form. I'm merely pointing out his consistency.

I think he's brill.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I've got Kacaniklic, Lallana, Barkley and Hazard in my fantasy league midfield. All of them should improve on last year's decent totals. Delph has still to break his duck! Wouldn't want to jinx him either.

Here's some inspiration for you all though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFfb9JhWHM

Mind you, there's a complete lack of closing down.

Â