Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

same here trent, ive never rate him, and always thought he was too weedy and lazy, but yesterday when he hit the post, the passion of anger he had shows that he really is trying,

im still not fully certain of him yet as to whether he should be a starter or not, but hes definitely improving

I've always been very critical of Delph and never much rated him but he has improved dramatically since Christmas and seems to be continuing to do so.

Same here.  Saying that, he was mostly rubbish in the first half, but then was excellent after the break.  If he can improve his conistency and decision making he'll be OK.

I've always been very critical of Delph and never much rated him but he has improved dramatically since Christmas and seems to be continuing to do so.

Same here.  Saying that, he was mostly rubbish in the first half, but then was excellent after the break.  If he can improve his conistency and decision making he'll be OK.

To be honest with you I still mostly see him run into people, over run it or make a missed pass. However maybe Im just catching those standout errors, but I genuinely always get annoyed when he gets the ball as I usually allow him to F#ck up flowing moves completely.

Was very happy to see him running at defenders and taking a shot from outside the box. Looked more like the player from his Leeds days. Was very unlucky to not score in off the post. Would have been so chuffed for him.

To be honest with you I still mostly see him run into people, over run it or make a missed pass. However maybe Im just catching those standout errors, but I genuinely always get annoyed when he gets the ball as I usually allow him to F#ck up flowing moves completely.

He misplaced 6 passes and was dispossessed a total of zero times on Saturday.

• Like 1

As Martin Laurence (Villa fan involved with WhoScored) said on twitter the other day, he's the only player we have who makes you think "bloody hell what the HELL are you doing" then "oh that was bloody good" 4 seconds later. However he does do this both ways...

One of PL's biggest achievement was turning Delph partway into the midfielder he has the potential to be and the reason we spent 6m on him under MON.

This is what I'm talking about. KEA had it over him in every area yet there seems to be such a cult of Delph that he just misses scoring and he's some people's MotM???

Huh?

I was defending Delph.

JV said all he saw was Delph misplacing passes and getting dispossessed. I pointed out that he only misplaced 6 passes and didn't get dispossessed once, so his assumption that maybe he only notices the negatives is probably right.

TO be honest, I'm with everyone else, it seems strange to bring KEA into the discussion when people are just complimenting Delph. It's not a competition.

This is what I'm talking about. KEA had it over him in every area yet there seems to be such a cult of Delph that he just misses scoring and he's some people's MotM???

You either didn't watch the match or don't quite understand the game, Delph was the best player on the pitch by a long way (I lie gabby came close) the main player that looked to make things happen and drive us on, a few mistakes can be excused for this approach though on Saturday this wasn't really a factor unless you include his near miss. The kid picked everything up in all areas of the pitch and was neat and tidy distributing things, not sue what he has done to offend you.

There is a Delph cult here but for me he's now one of the first names on the teamsheet, specifically after - Benteke, Guzan, Lowton, Agbonlahor and Westwood. 

He tackles, gets jnterceptions and free kicks when he gets fouled. Don't think Arsenal expected or could handle Delph on Saturday. Had a much better game than Wilshire.

Neither Westwood or Delph offer goals from midfield - although they both could step up a bit in that area - but they are my first choice defense-first set-up.

There is a Delph cult here but for me he's now one of the first names on the teamsheet, specifically after - Benteke, Guzan, Lowton, Agbonlahor and Westwood. 

He tackles, gets jnterceptions and free kicks when he gets fouled. Don't think Arsenal expected or could handle Delph on Saturday. Had a much better game than Wilshire.

Neither Westwood or Delph offer goals from midfield - although they both could step up a bit in that area - but they are my first choice defense-first set-up.

So not really one of the first names at all then really?

• Like 1

Been our best midfielder and arguably our best player since February. If it wasn't for injuries he would have come good much sooner. Love his attitude and the way he applys himself. Its clear to see Stan has influenced him.

• Like 1

Â