Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

On Delph "taking his time" I'll say it again, he is really quite inexperienced, despite the fact he's been with us for what seems like ages.

Injuries have meant that if you look purely at appearances, he's basically only had one full season's worth. And those have been relatively sporadic.

If he has a good solid run of fitness then I expect him to come on leaps and bounds.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

do we need to play with 2 box to box CMs in delph and westwood and 1 DM in sylla?

Whenever Sylla played last season he was far more advanced than Westwood, he was playing the defensive position far more advanced, pressing the ball high up the pitch. I wouldn't say he is the stereotypical dm

• Like 1

On Delph "taking his time" I'll say it again, he is really quite inexperienced, despite the fact he's been with us for what seems like ages.

Injuries have meant that if you look purely at appearances, he's basically only had one full season's worth. And those have been relatively sporadic.

If he has a good solid run of fitness then I expect him to come on leaps and bounds.

I agree. His tendency to get injured is a worry but, if he can shake that off, this lad has real talent of a premier league qualityIt's a big "if" about the injuries, though.

Don't want to be too critical of a technically excellent goal from range, but the Walsall defenders were backing away like he had the lurgy, gave him enough room to build a detached six-bedroom family home. it was a goal from his Leeds Utd days in League One. however, Delph will be playing in the Premier League this year not League One so enjoy the goal, I predict there won't be more than one this year.

Don't want to be too critical of a technically excellent goal from range, but the Walsall defenders were backing away like he had the lurgy, gave him enough room to build a detached six-bedroom family home. it was a goal from his Leeds Utd days in League One. however, Delph will be playing in the Premier League this year not League One so enjoy the goal, I predict there won't be more than one this year.

I couldn't care less if he scores no goals in his whole career.

He isn't about goals. They're just a bonus.

I agree. His tendency to get injured is a worry but, if he can shake that off, this lad has real talent of a premier league qualityIt's a big "if" about the injuries, though.

Absolutely, especially as one of those injuries was an ACL (iirc).

Fingers crossed though

When Bacuna picked up a slight knock in the game against Walsall, I thought it was Delph and I immediately thought "No, no, please, not again"..

I really hope Delph can have an injury free season this year. I've rooted for him from day 1 !

• Like 1

If Bannan had scored it, then i'm sure you would be singing a different tune... 

If Bannan had scored it, he'd have been predicting 15 goals and 10 assists this season for Bannan, who would be awaiting the impending transfer to Barcelona! 

But if Delph can remain injury free, he can definitely have a good season. 

Edited by KjParton

Â