Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph is taylor made for Arsenal, shame they won't take him.  Don't really care where he ends up, he'd likely be on the bench at Spurs, Liverpool (although Gerrard..).

I dont think his passing is anywhere near good enough to play the way Arsenal play

Delph is taylor made for Arsenal, shame they won't take him.  Don't really care where he ends up, he'd likely be on the bench at Spurs, Liverpool (although Gerrard..).

I dont think his passing is anywhere near good enough to play the way Arsenal play

Oh right, okay then.

Oh right, okay then.

Thats just my opinion, I think Delph's passing is pretty poor and I dont think his technical ability is good enough for a top 4 team

I think he would get into the Spurs or Liverpool team if he chooses either of those.

If he goes to Man City or Chelsea it will just be a cheap way of boosting their 'homegrown' numbers without paying a fee.

Not sure on Arsenal, he is different to what they have already though to be fair and a bit more 'combative' - I could see him doing ok there.

cleverley is a water carrier with a bucket full of holes.

i dont get the logic of us losing delph because of wages and then paying £5 mill for a 20 year old from fulham because he's cheaper than delph.

if we pay delph £10k more a week with a new contract we are £1.5 mill worse off than the current deal he is on. For arguments sake £9 mill over three years ' 360k a week, versus £5mill + agents fee + £20k a week for 3 years  for an untried championship player is still £8/9 mill.

dont mind losing vlaar but delph i think is going to get better.

on a different note all the fans saying it isnt lamberts fault as his hands are tied for wages and transfer fees, wait till we get schooled by bournemouth at home by players on less wages who cost less. its a myth about the wages when the whistle blows, its about giving people the direction or opportunity to play good football.

Like many clubs who let themselves get in this position we are powerless to stop Delph running down his contract and going elsewhere on a free.

The best course of action is to offer him the best possible deal we can afford and see if he accepts it in the end.

I do not see any logic in selling him, he is a vital part of our squad and the risk of trying to replace him in the January window is too big regardless of forgoing a fee which would probably be at best around the £5milllion mark.

If he could get a little more composure and end product then he could be world class.

Oh I get cha ;)

......Id say he was world class now, if he got more composure we would have to re-evaluate what world class is!

Edited by Nigel

Really would not like to see him go, as has been said so many times he also owes us for sticking by him. We didn't have to stick by him but we did.

On how good he is, I think it's more about how good he can be. Before the injuries he had goals and assits as part of his game, he's already got his confidence on the ball back and his touch, which at times when he was first coming back were horrendous. I would really like it to be us that benefits from him improving and possibly fulfilling his potential and not a rival in the same league. 

cleverley is a water carrier with a bucket full of holes.

i dont get the logic of us losing delph because of wages and then paying £5 mill for a 20 year old from fulham because he's cheaper than delph.

if we pay delph £10k more a week with a new contract we are £1.5 mill worse off than the current deal he is on. For arguments sake £9 mill over three years ' 360k a week, versus £5mill + agents fee + £20k a week for 3 years  for an untried championship player is still £8/9 mill.

dont mind losing vlaar but delph i think is going to get better.

on a different note all the fans saying it isnt lamberts fault as his hands are tied for wages and transfer fees, wait till we get schooled by bournemouth at home by players on less wages who cost less. its a myth about the wages when the whistle blows, its about giving people the direction or opportunity to play good football.

You make the assumption that Delph would want to stay though...

That's what I was alluding to in my post.

They have similar styles.

Hard working, decent on the ball, huge engine, apparent desire.

But as I said, Milner has more end product which makes him the better player.

As Delph seems to lack this (at this level) he's probably more suited to being a box to box player. A water carrier rather than a play maker.

Which is our problem.

Delph, Westwood and Cleverley are all water carriers.

I'd agree with the gist of that, although I wouldn't classify Delph as a 'water-carrier'. For me he is a player stronger off the ball than on it - although the one somewhat redeeming attribute he has is that he is a pretty decent dribbler (even if he does often taken on one too many players at times).

He is an adequate box-to-box midfielder for a club in our situation but due to the limitations you've highlighted, probably won't hold down that role at a bigger club. I think he main hope (at a bigger club) is to revert more to a pivot which would play more to his strengths. He has improved a lot when it comes to simple distribution and for a long period, his defensive game had matured. Even though the rashness in his tackling has resurfaced recently.

Edited by Isa

I'm a fan of Delph and like others have said it's hard to take that we could lose him for nothing.

I'd like to think he is a decent guy and might sign a small contract extension with a transfer clause meaning he could leave in the summer for 10m.

Sadly that ain't happening though is it

• Like 1

I'm a fan of Delph and like others have said it's hard to take that we could lose him for nothing.

I'd like to think he is a decent guy and might sign a small contract extension with a transfer clause meaning he could leave in the summer for 10m.

Considering the way we stood by him during his injury crisis you would think this is the least he would do

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Considering the way we stood by him during his injury crisis you would think this is the least he would do

Get real bruv .

Really would not like to see him go, as has been said so many times he also owes us for sticking by him. We didn't have to stick by him but we did.

On how good he is, I think it's more about how good he can be. Before the injuries he had goals and assits as part of his game, he's already got his confidence on the ball back and his touch, which at times when he was first coming back were horrendous. I would really like it to be us that benefits from him improving and possibly fulfilling his potential and not a rival in the same league. 

I don't get this.  In what way did we not have to stick by our own player?  Were we just meant to let him be injured then never play football again... having paid around £8m for him?!  It surprises me more that so many people are saying it - "we stuck by him".  Of course we did!  The same way we stuck by Benteke and Okore and Kozak... why wouldn't we do that? :o

• Like 2

I think he's a very talented player but who would he move to in the Premier League.

There are usually 14 better clubs than us in the premier league nowadays so will be plenty of choice.

With the same role as he has here and for a decent club (ie not the likes of Stoke)I think that narrows it down to about 4 teams

Spurs fans seem convinced that he'll bring the high pressing game that poch is desperately trying to play, they're as good as he'll get IMO maybe some silly wages at Newcastle if they cash in on sissoko maybe Everton seeing as Barry's legs went 2 years ago but they won't pay more than us, maybe Swansea but if they can do a sales pitch on him that we can't then things really are shit

Other than that I don't see who is a realistic proposition for him

Â