Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Apparently wants to go to Everton. Speaks volumes, he just wants out!!

I hate when people post delibrately vague shite like this, then disappear. It's like they're angling for a reaction.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

personally i accept his limitations. He is undoubtedly our best midfielder at present. His control and movement on the ball is exemplary. His shooting is generally woeful. And while he can turn over possession ok, all to often after beating one or even two players his final ball is found wanting. Not enough through balls, crosses, goals or assists to be a villa great for me but a good player. Classy at times and we'll be worse off without him for sure.

I have doubts on him being our best midfielder at present.

Knew I should have put an IMO in there :)

Not better than Sanchez - IMO.

Mmm Delph was fantastic for the whole of last season and much of the season before. Arguably Sanchez has outperformed him this year but he needs to work on his consistency before I can say he's better than Delph.

Delph was probably my favourite player before he decided that enough was enough. Once again we find ourselves losing our best players, and not even for a fee. 

Lerner out. 

Delph has his flaws but come on he's got far more to his game than Cleverley has, he's just a much more interesting player to watch when on his game.

Everton have declined this season but maybe he rates Martinez and playing alongside Barkley might help with England.

Westwood and Delph show how ridiculously biased Capello and Hodgson are to big club players. They are both far better than Cleverley who was automatically picked for England on account of (not even) playing for ManUre.

Hey how can you say that when Delph was first choice for Hodgson before his shoulder injury. You can say many things about Hodgson but biased towards big clubs he is not. 

Owes us a good performance after his red card against his possible future employers.

Think we'll see it today as with Westwood and Sanchez holding he can get forward a reasonable amount and we can actually attack with pace from the middle.

Our best attacking performance by a distance in the last month was the Man. United game where Delph was attacking the space.

Owes us a good performance after his red card against his possible future employers.

Think we'll see it today as with Westwood and Sanchez holding he can get forward a reasonable amount and we can actually attack with pace from the middle.

Our best attacking performance by a distance in the last month was the Man. United game where Delph was attacking the space.

Who was he sent off against? I can't remember...

Direct quotes from Lambert, I personally hope we can convince him to stay but there needs to be a drastic turnaround in our performances.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/420498/Aston-Villa-Paul-Lambert-Liverpool-Fabian-Delph

Can't be right. Lambert never criticises the players to the media.

There is 0% chance of Delph signing for Sunderland.

There is 0% chance of Delph signing for Sunderland.

VillaChris once again proving that commas are an extremely valuable resource.

Â