Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

If Lerner gives Lambert all transfer funds, I'd take it.

Westwood, Sanchez, Cleverley and Cole are decent enough CM options to see us to the end of the season. I'd give Lambert the money and see if he can bring in another 'gem'.

I'd rather we sold both Vlaar and Delph than pay them to not want to be here, play them over our other players who want to be here and then lose them for free in 6 months.

How do we know they don't want to be here and won't put any effort in? Just because they've decided not to renew doesn't mean they won't be professional up to the day they leave. We're better having their quality here than £5m between them. Closer to £10m then it might be worth it but I wouldn't get rid just for the sake of it.

Im still unsure on Delph, I dont think he is anywhere near as good as a lot of people make out

I think he's very good, but he's not the player people think he is, or want him to be.

He's never going to be an attacking midfielder who scores goals and gets assists at this level, imo.

What he is is a hard working box to box midfielder. Similar to Milner when he played in the middle, but less creative.

I think he'd do well in a decent midfield 3, but he needs someone to do the creating because he'll never be that player.

• Like 1

Delphs talent lies in his feet and the way in which he creates space and moves the ball. He moves into the little gaps with the ball that you can see when watching but alot harder to see when playing. People expect more of him as thats what top players do then move onto an assist or a goal, but thats what lacks from his game. Maybe with better movement in front of him hed have a lot more room to shoot and play killer passes.

Id take Dembele, Townsend and £3million for him but thats a bit optimistic. Off on a free to Liverpool or Spurs, we need him to stay up in my opinion. 

This is what I hate about football. I mean, I understand why he would leave, but to leave knowing the club will receive very little or even nothing at all when we've stuck by him and developed him through several awful injuries, is what takes the biscuit.

I do blame Lerner, however we know that a deal has been offered to him and it would've been nice to see him stay at least until next January so that we can actually make some money and replace him.

£3m is an absolute mockery.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 4

If Lerner gives Lambert all transfer funds, I'd take it.

Westwood, Sanchez, Cleverley and Cole are decent enough CM options to see us to the end of the season. I'd give Lambert the money and see if he can bring in another 'gem'.

I'd rather we sold both Vlaar and Delph than pay them to not want to be here, play them over our other players who want to be here and then lose them for free in 6 months.

How do we know they don't want to be here and won't put any effort in? Just because they've decided not to renew doesn't mean they won't be professional up to the day they leave. We're better having their quality here than £5m between them. Closer to £10m then it might be worth it but I wouldn't get rid just for the sake of it.

I didn't say anything about them not putting effort in or being professional. The fact that they're seemingly not renewing their contracts means they don't want to stay here, which is as good as not wanting to be here.

Personally, I'd just rather play some players who presumably want to lor are happy to) stay here past this season (Okore, Clark, Baker and Senderos over Vlaar, and Westwood and Sanchez over Delph).

£3m?

I know he's only got 6 months left, but you can go **** yourselves.

**** hate Spurs

I agree, but this is really something that most clubs should do.  Spurs do well with their transfer negotiations; making crap bids for players out of contract in the summer is one of them (see; Holtby).

Still, for £3m it's just not worth it for us.  Delph is a different type of midfielder to the rest of those that we play.  If they upped it to £6m (and the money was reinvested), it should probably then be considered.

he'll be a sub at spurs

they currently have dembele, mason, bentaleb, townsend, paulinho, eriksen, capoue, stambouli, and then holtby and carroll on loan

either they're having a cull in the summer or he's playing every other game, but for £10k a week more! and if they are having a cull in the summer then i dont think delph is the answer, he's not the difference between 6th and 4th IMO

said before here out of all the great players we've lost in the last couple of years it'll be delph that drops the quickest once he's out the door

• Like 2

he'll be a sub at spurs

they currently have dembele, mason, bentaleb, townsend, paulinho, eriksen, capoue, stambouli, and then holtby and carroll on loan

either they're having a cull in the summer or he's playing every other game, but for £10k a week more! and if they are having a cull in the summer then i dont think delph is the answer, he's not the difference between 6th and 4th IMO

said before here out of all the great players we've lost in the last couple of years it'll be delph that drops the quickest once he's out the door

I agree.  Of course he may develop further if he leaves (hard to imagine that there's a better coach than Lambert out there, but stick with me) but for now he can't tackle, create assists or score goals.  He's a mile off being in Milner's class, even though they appear to be of similar styles to the naked eye.

The only legitimate comparison between him and Milner is basically that they both work hard and cover a lot of the pitch. That's where the similarities begin and end to my mind.

The only legitimate comparison between him and Milner is basically that they both work hard and cover a lot of the pitch. That's where the similarities begin and end to my mind.

That's what I was alluding to in my post.

They have similar styles.

Hard working, decent on the ball, huge engine, apparent desire.

But as I said, Milner has more end product which makes him the better player.

As Delph seems to lack this (at this level) he's probably more suited to being a box to box player. A water carrier rather than a play maker.

Which is our problem.

Delph, Westwood and Cleverley are all water carriers.

• Like 1

Delph has never quite matured into the player everyone thinks he will be, although that still could change.

If he could get a little more composure and end product then he could be world class.

3 mil is pointless though, may aswell keep a let go for free if that is the fee.

6 mil is about right if those arrogant idiots are desperate enough.

Â