Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Put most of whatever we get toward Lambert's pay off.

Screw that! Give Lambert the opportunity to improve our attacking options.

I have no doubt that given 7.5 mill + then Lambert could find one or two very good players. I do however have huge doubts that he could get anything like the best out of those players either has individuals or more importantly mold them into an effective team alongside the other players we have.

We have a decent squad now. A squad that is capable of having scored way more than 12 goals in 23 games two of which were against lower league opposition at home. The art of being able to buy players and get more purchases right than wrong is only part of the job. In fact if you can't get anything approaching the best out of those players or mold them into an effective team then it almost makes the fact that you are decent in the transfer market irrelevant.

Edited by markavfc40

Put most of whatever we get toward Lambert's pay off.

Screw that! Give Lambert the opportunity to improve our attacking options.

Yes, great idea.  Let's give our worst, most tactically inept manager in living memory even more money to waste. :rolleyes:

Borini? haha! Worst suggestion ever. 

No it's not, based on what? I watched Sunderland plenty of times last season and along with Ki he was easily there best player. It'd only be a short term fix though as we wouln't be able to afford his wages.

Borini? haha! Worst suggestion ever. 

No it's not, based on what? I watched Sunderland plenty of times last season and along with Ki he was easily there best player. It'd only be a short term fix though as we wouln't be able to afford his wages.

What could he possibly offer us?

He's not creative and he's not much of a goalscorer either. Would be a massive, massive waste of time and money.

Pretty sure he (Borini) scored ten goals for Sunderland (seven in the league) last season. I know it's not amazing but better than Weimann and Agbonlahor look set to do and he played in a similar position to them. Not sure about assists though, I know that Sunderland fans were desperate to sign him but he priced himself out of a move with his wage demands.

Doesn't matter anyway because he started for Liverpool at the weekend so unlikely to be going anywhere on loan.

Well we aren't going to be signing anyone who's done amazing are we? It wasn't the 'worst suggestion ever' either. It was his best Premier league season so far because it's also the only one where he's played on a regular basis. As I say he played in similar position to Weimann and Agbonlahor so not an out and out striker.

Â