Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph as the natural replacement for Gerrard?  They are having a laugh.  Gerrard may be past his best now, but for a long time he was one of the finest players in the league.  Delph is good, I like him as a player a lot, but he is not remotely likely to score 20 goals in a season or be the captain and leader that Liverpool need.  The Mirror really does chat some shit.

I rarely post but felt the strong urge to here.

I wonder why we are so calm with Delph and the Vlaar contract situations.

Two of our best players of the last 3 years and we (the club and fans) barely offer a whimper.

I am an avid Lazio supporter and I can tell you that they are a lot more emotional than we are (both the club and the fans). I know the clubs are different but I would have thought that the club could at the very least show some balls and apply some sort of pressure on these players.

The fact that we accept this behaviour by the players is indicative of the way the club as a whole has been run into the ground slowly but surely over the last 20 years.

Very disappointing for mine.

I rarely post but felt the strong urge to here.

I wonder why we are so calm with Delph and the Vlaar contract situations.

Two of our best players of the last 3 years and we (the club and fans) barely offer a whimper.

I am an avid Lazio supporter and I can tell you that they are a lot more emotional than we are (both the club and the fans). I know the clubs are different but I would have thought that the club could at the very least show some balls and apply some sort of pressure on these players.

The fact that we accept this behaviour by the players is indicative of the way the club as a whole has been run into the ground slowly but surely over the last 20 years.

Very disappointing for mine.

Stop reading after the avid Lazio fan part ;)

personally i accept his limitations. He is undoubtedly our best midfielder at present. His control and movement on the ball is exemplary. His shooting is generally woeful. And while he can turn over possession ok, all to often after beating one or even two players his final ball is found wanting. Not enough through balls, crosses, goals or assists to be a villa great for me but a good player. Classy at times and we'll be worse off without him for sure.

What I understand is how some of our fans don't rate Delph, a current England international. 

Because whether Delph plays in a match or not the result is largely the same? 

I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere, but he certainly doesn't influence games the way some on here make out. Barely notice when he's not playing. 

personally i accept his limitations. He is undoubtedly our best midfielder at present. His control and movement on the ball is exemplary. His shooting is generally woeful. And while he can turn over possession ok, all to often after beating one or even two players his final ball is found wanting. Not enough through balls, crosses, goals or assists to be a villa great for me but a good player. Classy at times and we'll be worse off without him for sure.

I have doubts on him being our best midfielder at present.

What I understand is how some of our fans don't rate Delph, a current England international. 

cant pass, doesnt score, doesnt create a lot, cant tackle, cant use his right foot, has no aerial presence and gets booked a lot.

apart from that he doesnt have many flaws in his game

Knew I should have put an IMO in there :)

Knew I should have put an IMO in there :)

Teeheehee ;)

Â