Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

iirc if flights are grounded due to "acts of god" the compo doesn't kick in.

What if you don't believe in this god bloke? 

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What if you don't believe in this god bloke? 

Not believing in God won’t stop him pulling the slates off your roof.

I don’t believe in Boris Johnson, yet here we are.

On 04/06/2022 at 12:38, Chindie said:

The house behind me has set up a very cheap and flimsy looking gazebo with some bunting.

There's a very light breeze, and the gazebo is swaying like prime Elvis. I believe the wind is due to pick up...

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95288f2eac3ce4ccb4ea

Can I have an update please?

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Can I have an update please?

The wind did pick up but not quite enough. Sadly they also noticed that the gazebo was jiggling like an excited dog, and set up some guylines.

But it was a completely miserable day and they looked appropriately suicidal so we can claim a small victory.

• Like 2

About an hour ago I opened up my AirPod case to find they were missing. Like an idiot I’d left them in my pocket and put them in the wash and the machine has been on for over an hour. Anyway I fished them out and they only still bloody work! I did not expect that. 

On 06/06/2022 at 11:15, Genie said:

Then as we left the terminal and walked across to the transfer they were handing out little bags containing a drink, some crisps, fruit and biscuits.

Just arrived for the return flight, super friendly checkin and they are giving out free food vouchers to every passenger. Once through the small but quick security everyone can grab a free cheese burger / fried chicken sandwich / hot dog or ham and cheese toastie, bag of crisps and bottle of water.

The security guard gave the children a security badge sticker.

Ive never been in an airport like it. 

I’m not looking forward to the warzone in the baggage claim at BHX in about 10 hours time.

Dave, they gave you a soda, chips, (whats' fruit?) and some cookies. Oh and it's a grilled cheese.

How are people going to know you've been to Florida unless you use American terminology for the next few weeks?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Dave, they gave you a soda, chips, (whats' fruit?) and some cookies. Oh and it's a grilled cheese.

How are people going to know you've been to Florida unless you use American terminology for the next few weeks?

Very true, the funny thing was they did translate the sign and voucher to English to avoid any confusion. 

They probably got fed up with some irate Brits demanding “fries” instead of a bag of Lays.

• Like 1

Â