Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 21/06/2022 at 12:07, bannedfromHandV said:

Getting a £2100 tax rebate, boom.

Thats your fuel bill for next month sorted. 

21 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

It's been a rough couple of weeks for those of us in the U.S. who aren't evangelical Christians or Neanderthals.   We're in Napa Valley wine country for the 4th of July weekend and were walking around the small town of Calistoga and came upon a cornhole (insert KW gif) tournament in the local park.  Locals having a good time, with Dylan, the Dead and the like playing on the PA system, and beer from a local brewery being served in aluminum cups instead of plastic.   To top it off, when the on-line drink tickets weren't printing, the woman behind the table just walked with me over to the the beer booth and said, "This guy's OK".   A nice reminder that Trumpism hasn't completely taken over.

spacer.png

Is that grass real?

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is that grass real?

No, but it's very real looking and the first time i've seen it in a public park like this.  It was honestly hard to tell the difference.   A very good choice for this location, given that we're in a severe drought and the town probably doesn't have a lot of money to spend on landscaping maintenance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

Do you guys roll out of bed and get on VT before you've even had your coffee (or tea or whatever you silly Brits use to wake yourselves up)?

We've been up since 2am sweeping all our chimneys

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, il_serpente said:

Do you guys roll out of bed and get on VT before you've even had your coffee (or tea or whatever you silly Brits use to wake yourselves up)?

Generally Heardle, Wordle, scrabble, words with enemies then VT. Breakfast can wait. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Don't be daft. I'm sitting here with my coffee☕

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

On this. 

My mum finally had her outside toilet taken out last week. I mean, she has a normal bathroom upstairs since she moved in but it just seemed pretty symbolic. The previous owners had done it up pretty nicely with tile and flooring but eventually it just became a storage room for garden crap.

I would've kept it tbh. 

11 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

5am up, or thereabouts. BBC news, a few other sites, social media, then VT. Consider it saving the best thing in a plate till last. 

10 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

5am up, or thereabouts. BBC news, a few other sites, social media, then VT. Consider it saving the best thing in a plate till last. 

sleepy-sleep.gif

• Haha 3

Â