Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Fixed that for you. 

Not bothered by it if I'm honest, it's not like cola where I'm in deep, find energy drinks a load of bollocks and easily avoidable and I don't like the flavour of red bull so even if it's a night out I won't be touching it, vodka red bull is up there as one of the most overrated drinks, even jagerbombs are shite, maybe bought 2 cans of it in my life, tried monster once as it was a free sample, never drank relentless or whatever it's called 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Watching Red Bull soapbox racing from Cork. A repeat from 2016, but how have I missed out on this sporting spectacle until now? 

It’s a regular weekend morning easy watch programme for me.

Went into the office yesterday, finished work early and had a quick 6 or 7 pints afterwards with a mate. Lovely! The great weather really made it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Summer officially declared- picnic in the garden, cold beers, and grandchildren having a massive water fight.   :)

Mrs Sidcow said a couple of hours ago that she wanted young kids again. A day like today should have a paddling pool in the garden with kids jumping in and out of it all day. 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Mrs Sidcow said a couple of hours ago that she wanted young kids again. A day like today should have a paddling pool in the garden with kids jumping in and out of it all day. 

Exactly what is happening here. They're having an absolute blast. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Fell down a YouTube rabbit hole of watching Fred Dibnah videos, last night. 

What a character he was. 

Think I've told this before but I was once Chairman at a dinner where he was guest speaker. 

He started OK but then fell apart and lost the drunken room. 

My boss who is a total extrovert waved his white napkin in the air saying "we surrender Fred" causing him to end his talk early.  It caused a bit of controversy and got into trade press. 

We decided to offer my boss a guest speaker role the next year if he thought it was so easy (knowing he would probably slay it) and he went down a storm. The professional comedian we had on also ran the agency we used and he was begging him to go on his books at the end.  Said he was the best amateur speaker he'd ever seen. 

His opening line was "have you heard Fred Dinnah has died? Apparently he was run over by his own steam engine, his wife said he was chuffed to bits". Thing is Fred Dibnah had actually died a couple of months earlier. When he told me this was going to be his joke I said he couldn't do it, but he did. 

Fred Dibnah was a lovely guy. Even though it was a black tie event he said he would only turn up in his blue overalls. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Xela said:

Fell down a YouTube rabbit hole of watching Fred Dibnah videos, last night. 

What a character he was. 

Came up on my homepage as well. He was mental.. in a good way

• Like 1

Still the best (...worst?) Dibnah clip.

**** that. **** any of that. But especially **** that.

I don't think I could possibly even approach doing it, and he just goes up saying stuff like 'Well if you make a mistake it's half a day out with the undertaker'.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

After 4 years of dental work, my now 16yr old lad is finally braces free with a great set of gnashers on him! 

I absolutely hated my orthodontist at the time, I've got a small gob so whenever he stuck his fingers deep in it I'd throw up over myself, but going through it all was so worthwhile in the end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I absolutely hated my orthodontist at the time, I've got a small gob so whenever he stuck his fingers deep in it I'd throw up over myself, but going through it all was so worthwhile in the end.

My lad was very fortunate, the dentist was an avid Star Wars fan so they’d just chat about that all the time.

real nice guy and made the multiple trips easy 

• Like 1

I think today has been one of my quietest days at work in about the last 15 years! Outside of Christmas/New Year etc.

Much needed. 

Â