Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Had 2 weeks off work and come back to 79 emails, around 30 of which will be junk 

Could also go in the things that piss me off thread but for today I'll enjoy it

At its peak in the UK I used to get near double that 

37 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

5am up, or thereabouts. BBC news, a few other sites, social media, then VT. Consider it saving the best thing in a plate till last. 

Do those other sites end in the word 'hub'

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Had 2 weeks off work and come back to 79 emails, around 30 of which will be junk 

Could also go in the things that piss me off thread but for today I'll enjoy it

At its peak in the UK I used to get near double that 

Same, I’d get that many every day in an old job.

More work gets done in teams now that email but it’s still less messages than i’ve had before. 

On 18/04/2022 at 22:40, colhint said:

I'm having to stay in a respite home, have been for a few months. I'm the only one without dementia. I spend most of my  time in the reception area, best for wifi coverage. It's also closest to the front door Tonight A woman arrives to see her dad, without a booking, were under lockdown. Staff try to calm her down as she was getting angry. So they tried to accommodate her and get a meeting in a remote room. Staff speaks to the dad, he's got dementia, and says he doesn't want to see her as he only has sons. Staff arrange a visit for tomorrow. I'm on the edge of the conversation and ask how far she has come, Cornwall she said. 13 hours on the road. She's booked into a Travelodge nearby. She said she has a snack for later, I said she could do with a glass of wine. She said she could down a bottle, but we're in the countryside nowhere near. Hang on a minute back to my room and pick a bottle of chablis. Her face was a picture.

The pleasure of doing something good for a complete stranger is a really nice feeling

Nice lady returned last night. Her dad remembered her. She also remembered  my  name , she also bought me a lovely bottle of red.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

Do those other sites end in the word 'hub'

They are as far away from sites ending in hub as you can get. One is related to postcards. 

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Do you guys roll out of bed and get on VT before you've even had your coffee (or tea or whatever you silly Brits use to wake yourselves up)?

Messenger, MLB At Bat (if the Yankees played a night game, then the news, then VT. Then get out of bed, make coffee, more VT with the telly on in the background. 

In the workweek, I’ll only check the news and sports results before the chaos of trying not to be late for work starts and leave VT for coffee breaks at work. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

That guy is amazing, I feel like opening a high end restaurant just so I can hire him to stand out front.

its kinda a rip of Dom Joly , but like a 12 inch version of a skit  .. he is good though  , the "You won't want to leave and our sticky carpets means you won't be able to"  , is brilliant :)

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

wake up , check work emails to determine if I need to get straight up or can mooch around in bed for another 20 mins or so ..if the latter then 

check the news , check Whataspp to see what funnies I've missed out on , then usually scan through VT &  Facebook to see what other stuff I might have missed 

then I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving the house 

TALK LIFE 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

its kinda a rip of Dom Joly , but like a 12 inch version of a skit  .. he is good though  , the "You won't want to leave and our sticky carpets means you won't be able to"  , is brilliant :)

I love the blend of talking about free coffee refills in an ultra posh way way, “just keep hold of your cup”.

I think he could have added a little bit of extra gravitas by referring to venue as THE Weatherspoons. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

wake up , check work emails to determine if I need to get straight up or can mooch around in bed for another 20 mins or so ..if the latter then 

check the news , check Whataspp to see what funnies I've missed out on , then usually scan through VT &  Facebook to see what other stuff I might have missed 

then I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving the house 

I see.You only put your trousers on "after"you have read all that.

I must make a note of that ?!

42 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I see.You only put your trousers on "after"you have read all that.

I must make a note of that ?!

You wouldn’t want to know how much of my VT time is spent with my pants off 😳

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Hope you cut down on your pork pies

Mate 😉

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, El Zen said:

The quality, and quantity, of puns in OT today. Top work, gentlemen, top work. 

Sorry can’t see a fish or electrical reference here.

WNB 1/10 

• Like 2

Â