Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Was wondering why 5 people liked that.  Just seems like there's no effort being made for a "big" landmark birthday to me.  Seems like she knows @bickster never makes an effort so has saved herself the embarrassment/realisation her life partner doesn't give a shit and got herself something she'll enjoy with her daughter :lol:

bravo lad ;)

You have a lot to learn in life.

Spending weeks making a papier-mâché dinosaur for your wife’s birthday required a lot of effort but did she appreciate it? Nope

My missus has what she’s wanted to do for a long time, she’s very happy and it came about by fluke because her and the daughter were planning on getting really early and doing the queuing thing for returns and they were just on the Wimbledon website looking for info on that and spotted the tickets. Too good an opportunity to miss and she knew I’d happily pay for her to do this.

The bonus is I still have my plan in reserve for next year.

She actually just wants it be a normal birthday, doesn’t want to be reminded how old she is

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The things my 3 1/2 year old says, or rather can't quite say properly.

Cement Mixer becomes "Cement Misker"

We put on a DVD and he calls it a "b-me-bee. - Wanna watch the b-me-bee" 

My 3yo granddaughter calls a guitar a 'tig-ar'. 

• Like 1

The fact its only Saturday. Feels like I've had a long break from work already with Thursday and Friday off. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

We used to show my boy the Beverly Hills Cop Road chases when he was small. Had to use the German soundtrack though due to the swearing.  He just loved the spectacular chase. 

Anyway he would call the one from the second film the one with the "Crumpet Mixer." 

• Like 1

My 7 year old is now well into danger Mouse (remember that). Problem is he has to watch a episode every evening before he goes to bed, an I have to sing the titles with him. "He's the ace, he's amazing, he's the greatest secret agent in the world......" 😂

• Like 1

I know a lot of people will think me a right saddo but from Monday my new place of work will be 103 Colmore Row. 

image.png.117fe68fe64b329d26fa86b8917b973a.png

If you HAVE to go into an office for work you might as well go into a properly swanky one? 

Double bubble as our current offices are absolutely shocking. 

Only problem is it will have a full on view of The Sty but by my reckoning there is another couple of office towers blocking the view of Villa Park😔

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xela said:

The fact its only Saturday. Feels like I've had a long break from work already with Thursday and Friday off. 

Normal work week for you,  I'd say...😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I know a lot of people will think me a right saddo but from Monday my new place of work will be 103 Colmore Row. 

image.png.117fe68fe64b329d26fa86b8917b973a.png

If you HAVE to go into an office for work you might as well go into a properly swanky one? 

Double bubble as our current offices are absolutely shocking. 

Only problem is it will have a full on view of The Sty but by my reckoning there is another couple of office towers blocking the view of Villa Park😔

Is that the site of the old natwest building ?

Good choice of decent pubs in that area. 

The house behind me has set up a very cheap and flimsy looking gazebo with some bunting.

There's a very light breeze, and the gazebo is swaying like prime Elvis. I believe the wind is due to pick up...

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95288f2eac3ce4ccb4ea

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Is that the site of the old natwest building ?

Good choice of decent pubs in that area. 

Yep. Our current offices are over the road. When they started knocking down The Natwest our head of office said publicly that if we had to suffer the noise and inconvenience of that demolition and subsequent building work we might as well move into it and enjoy the benefits. 

If I'm honest I thought they would take one look at the rent then run a mile but fair play, he's made it work and delivered the promise. 

So I'm already familiar with the local hostelries in the area. Only problem is I'm not allowed to drink in them mate😂🤣

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, bickster said:

Well I’ve already got her a leather bus pass holder

"Here I got you this in order to keep the heating bill down over the winter"

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

My 20-month-old can say a load of fruits and vegetables reasonably well*, but for cucumber he says “cumbercap”. We can even ask him to say it in parts “cu”, “cum”, “ber”, then when we say it all together he repeats “cumbercap” 😆

*I know this sounds like a humble brag, but I’m not meaning it to! He’s 20 months so can’t talk for shit, but I wanted to make this point to emphasise why ‘cumbercap’ is funnier! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

My 20-month-old can say a load of fruits and vegetables reasonably well*, but for cucumber he says “cumbercap”. We can even ask him to say it in parts “cu”, “cum”, “ber”, then when we say it all together he repeats “cumbercap” 😆

*I know this sounds like a humble brag, but I’m not meaning it to! He’s 20 months so can’t talk for shit, but I wanted to make this point to emphasise why ‘cumbercap’ is funnier! 

Baccaruda. 

Ba ba ra ra cu cu da da. 

• Like 2

Â