Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

9 hours ago, choffer said:

I remember bookmarking a tweet ages ago with the white shirt. Never found out who it was that was making them. Feel free to DM me a link if you know. 

Wait people make these? I've been looking for the white 93 away shirt for ages but the only one I can find is the cheap JD compies without the Umbro logo etc. 

15 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Wait people make these? I've been looking for the white 93 away shirt for ages but the only one I can find is the cheap JD compies without the Umbro logo etc. 

No I think @chofferwas referring to the le coq hooped one in my pic further up.

That one and the hummel pin striped one (with the maker's name and chevrons on the shoulders) are very good quality - haven't washed them yet so we will see.

I doubt they are the originals as they would've cost hundreds but as copies go, they look and feel spot-on.

• Sad 1

Surprised and pleased to see Johnny Depp with Jeff Beck covering a Dennis Wilson composition from his Pacific Ocean Blue lp on a YouTube video, at a gig in the UK recently. 

Edited by rjw63
Forgot summat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A bath? Are you some kind of multi millionaire? 

The idea that a shower saves water when you have to squeeze yourself into the bath is rather fanciful :D

• Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

The idea that a shower saves water when you have to squeeze yourself into the bath is rather fanciful :D

I suppose up North you're probably still taking a tin bath in front of the coal fire 😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I suppose up North you're probably still taking a tin bath in front of the coal fire 😁

Tin bath? Oh we used to dream of a tin bath. We used to have to wash in an old water tank on a rubbish tip, washing every morning while having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Tin bath? Oh we used to dream of a tin bath. We used to have to wash in an old water tank on a rubbish tip, washing every morning while having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us. 

And you tell that to the kids of today and they won't believe you. 

• Like 2

Got to see four F-35’s take off from Reykjavik airport as I boarded a plane this morning … there’s still that small child giddiness about seeing combat aircraft charging down a runway and zooming off at full thrust 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bickster said:

The missus is 60 this month and I had this idea of her present but I'd not really done my research yet, there was still plenty of time and it was on the to do list this weekend

I wake up this morning to find that last night whilst I was at work she managed to buy two centre court tickets for the opening day of Wimbledon, which is something she's always wanted to do. I just have to pay for them

Result! Save's me a load of grief trying to organise what I was going to do, she's very happy to be going and... our daughter is going with her so I don't even have to go

Also, todays chores were to be in the garden, mowing the lawn and pressure washing the patio and it's pissing it down and forecast to be like that all day, so thats impossible

I have absolutely nothing to do today. I feel a long soak in the bath is in order :D

But you’re still gonna get her something else right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But you’re still gonna get her something else right?

Was wondering why 5 people liked that.  Just seems like there's no effort being made for a "big" landmark birthday to me.  Seems like she knows @bickster never makes an effort so has saved herself the embarrassment/realisation her life partner doesn't give a shit and got herself something she'll enjoy with her daughter :lol:

bravo lad ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â