Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I just don’t think bookies would take bets on “pitch invasions”  .. it would just encourage people to do it at every major sporting event  

And rob us of Kevin Harlan magic? I'm not having that!!!!!

• Haha 2

And for you outside the NFL/NBA bubble, here are 2 of his other gems. Very apt for the thread as well :D

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, Tegis said:

And rob us of Kevin Harlan magic? I'm not having that!!!!!

I guess we should be thankful he wasn't shot dead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/02/2021 at 12:12, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I am sitting in my office with the heating on full and all the windows open. I have the winter breeze on my face but the office is so warm that I am sitting here happily in my shirt sleeves.  I have my feet up on a footstool and I am sipping a nice Vanilla Latte.   Birds are feeding happily on the bird feeders which I place in the old tree that’s directly outside the window.  I have the delightful sound of the sparrows  squabbling over the food and the occasional chirp of a robin.  But the most satisfying sound is one of the cleaners banging on the lift door because she has been stuck in there for over an hour.   I hate that woman.     

The cleaner has heard through the grapevine that I found her predicament amusing.  Relations are frostier than ever. 

In a very unfortunate coincidence** my phone was playing  “Love In An Elevator” when she came to clean my office today.  

** I defy anyone to prove otherwise.  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The cleaner has heard through the grapevine that I found her predicament amusing.  Relations are frostier than ever. 

In a very unfortunate coincidence** my phone was playing  “Love In An Elevator” when she came to clean my office today.  

Next would be to print up an A4 warning for the front of the elevator stating to be careful when using the elevator or you could get stuck in it

... again.

7 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

She sounds quite upset about it.  I think you're being mean.

You should do something to cheer her up a bit, you know, give her a bit of a lift.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Paddington 3 is being made :)

My prediction in the film thread last year that it will become the greatest trilogy ever made , is about to come true ...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

My prediction in the film thread last year that it will become the greatest trilogy ever made , is about to come true ...

I fear the 'Godfather' syndrome may be played out: excellent first film, stone-cold masterpiece sequel... disappointing third instalment. Let's hope for the best, though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Is Paddington really that good? I’ve never even considered watching it, just assumed it would be rubbish. 

Paddington is pretty good. Paddington 2 is excellent. I know what you are thinking, but its just a remake of a kids cartoon. Not a joke, not being ironic. Paddington 2 is fantastic. You don’t need to watch Paddington 1, but its worth watching. I recommend that even if you dislike 1, persist and watch 2.  

• Like 3

Â