Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Down the beach before anyone else.

Sorted out the garden all day, whilst moron’s queued in their cars to be turned back from the beach by the police.

Up the allotment for an hour or so just as all the pensioners were leaving to get home for the rugby.

Villa a point from safety.

Not the worst Saturday ever.

spacer.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Started this at 6 this morning just finished. This is one corner. This makes me very happy. 

0A81ADBB-01C7-4BA1-B098-9D56F70F00CB.jpeg

Why do you have a picture of a naked man touching himself above your fireplace?

Don’t even get me started on all the bottles behind the door.

• Haha 1

Just now, Genie said:

Why do you have a picture of a naked man touching himself above your fireplace?

Don’t even get me started on all the bottles behind the door.

That ls a picture by Don Bachardy the american artist that was the partner of the writer Christopher Isherwood. Its always turned heads on teams calls. I love it. 
The doors will never open so we went for cabinet in front of them. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Started this at 6 this morning just finished. This is one corner. This makes me very happy. 

0A81ADBB-01C7-4BA1-B098-9D56F70F00CB.jpeg

You'd be better off storing them all on less shelves so they stand up straight. More likely to warp at that angle. Nice job though. Have you gone for pure alphabetical order?

1 minute ago, bickster said:

You'd be better off storing them all on less shelves so they stand up straight. More likely to warp at that angle. Nice job though. Have you gone for pure alphabetical order?

I need to spend a few hours alphabeticising. Nothing is alphabetical at the moment, the CDs are an even bigger nightmare but less of an issue. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Irritatingly I asked the joiner to put clearance between the shelves so I could have them upright but he didn’t allow for the supports and so some have 10 inches in the space but i need to think about putting them upright. The albums at the far left are the rubbish that my wife thinks is good. Gene bloody Pitney. 

• Haha 1

On 27/02/2021 at 20:13, Seat68 said:

Irritatingly I asked the joiner to put clearance between the shelves so I could have them upright but he didn’t allow for the supports and so some have 10 inches in the space but i need to think about putting them upright. The albums at the far left are the rubbish that my wife thinks is good. Gene bloody Pitney. 

Gene Pitney is awesome!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Gene Pitney is awesome!

Thanks Rob, I was considering posting the same. Not many people know he was a mate of Keith Richards and played piano on the first two Rolling Stones albums. 

• Like 3

Â