Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

You realise there's a pandemic on and the only option is throw the order away?

Would you feel good that your order had been delivered to someone else first?

A pandemic? Get away! When did that happen?!

As for being delivered to someone else first? Wouldn't bother me if the food is sealed and there are bottles/tins. No different to picking it up off the supermarket shelf yourself, you have no idea how many people have handled it. I accept it may be an issue for people shielding etc. 

Just now, Genie said:

I think the point is that they should probably try a bit harder not to keep giving away hundreds of pounds of other peoples food and sending out duplicate orders.

It's not quite other peoples food if they never got it in the first place. I'm sure Waitrose got all the deliveries out eventually,  meaning Choffer was merely stealing from the man.

Image result for shoplifters of the world unite graffiti

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Did a quick rapid-Waitrose order (I’m so middl class). Turned up an hour later and they’ve sent me someone else’s order. Called them to let them know and they told me to keep it. All sort of free goodies. 
Half an hour later, my order turns up. 
40 minutes after that, it turns up again. Three deliveries, £150 quids worth of stuff and they tell me to keep it all. I’m shopping with them again!

spacer.png

• Like 2

@choffer

You should call them up and complain about something from the first incorrect delivery . Tell them the salted caramel asparagus tips are a personal attack against your religion and you want to exchange them for 2 bottles of The Glenlivet.

Image result for next level gif

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can understand it getting to the door but I'd think they'd take it back as soon as it was pointed out it was a duplicate though. I'm assuming choffer didn't just keep quiet until after loading it all in to his house!

I tried to refuse the final delivery but they sub it out to Deliveroo and the driver shrugged and told me he couldn’t do anything about it. Tried to ring Waitrose about it but they were closed by the time it arrived. I tried :ph34r:

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

A pandemic? Get away! When did that happen?!

As for being delivered to someone else first? Wouldn't bother me if the food is sealed and there are bottles/tins. No different to picking it up off the supermarket shelf yourself, you have no idea how many people have handled it. I accept it may be an issue for people shielding etc. 

Companies like Waitrose are risk averse though

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think the point is that they should probably try a bit harder not to keep giving away hundreds of pounds of other peoples food and sending out duplicate orders.

I'm not sure it's the Waitrose arm of the company that's losing money tbh, more likely to be JohnLewis

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I can understand it getting to the door but I'd think they'd take it back as soon as it was pointed out it was a duplicate though. I'm assuming choffer didn't just keep quiet until after loading it all in to his house!

Where does it go at that point being as ts being delivered by a third party? Anything that needs chilling is getting chucked anyway

11 hours ago, bickster said:

Where does it go at that point being as ts being delivered by a third party? Anything that needs chilling is getting chucked anyway

I'm not sure where it stands with chilled vans but I was in Morrisons and saw that their policy was, if it leaves the store then it can't be used again. Saw someone return something after getting to the car, as it was the wrong item, not sure if they were exchanging or getting a refund but it was getting chucked even though it had been out of the store no more than 5 mins. 

I think he said he'd have it then if it was being chucked and they agreed, so a a little freebie for him.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I'm not sure where it stands with chilled vans but I was in Morrisons and saw that their policy was, if it leaves the store then it can't be used again. Saw someone return something after getting to the car, as it was the wrong item, not sure if they were exchanging or getting a refund but it was getting chucked even though it had been out of the store no more than 5 mins. 

I think he said he'd have it then if it was being chucked and they agreed, so a a little freebie for him.

Its the same in M&S, I tried to return something five mins after leaving the store. Same story

I was paying £10 a month for 9gb of data on a rolling 30 day contract with giffgaff. Just switched to a 12 month contract with O2 (same network as giffgaff) still £10 a month but get 15gb of data and 6 months Disney+ included/free.

I’m pleased with that.

• Like 1

On 07/02/2021 at 20:16, Genie said:

I’ve got 2x 22” monitors and my desk is not deep enough. They feel too close to my face.

I was worried about this, but today has put my mind at ease. At work I essentially use it as 3 screens, so my primary work is in the middle half, then on the sides I have 1/4 of the screen at each end as resources. Email, chat...Spotify. And it's all perfectly legible, but not as accessible.

For gaming, 2/3 in the middle is great, the rest operates as "peripheral vision". It was extortionate. Really, really, eye watering expensive, but it is fantastic. I ordered it 4 times and cancelled it 3 times, but I'm glad I kept it. 

VT looks a bit shit at fullscreen though. Sort it out @limpid;)

MQ86koP.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'd be stunned if any bookie paid out on a bet like that

its more likely he's some wannabe promoting his  website or tik tok account

It seems a pretty risky bet at 50k, probably BS as you say but still amusing if he did mug off the bookies.

I just don’t think bookies would take bets on “pitch invasions”  .. it would just encourage people to do it at every major sporting event  

They should stick this clearing in the woods  in jail for 30 days or something to make every other self publicist think twice 

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

They should stick this clearing in the woods  in jail for 30 days or something to make every other self publicist think twice 

Getting $10k a day to be in jail? I'll do the time

Â