Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

35 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I have been working on a big project at work.

So we changed to SAP / changed finance system and implemented a new Warehouse management system (The big bang at work if ever I saw one 👍),  all over the last weekend with 9 months preparation work and 14 hour days for the last week at stake.

During the Pandemic.
@ 11PM last night we got the first Pick list.  We have (site where I work) approx. 20-40 a day,  40 ton Lorries in and out every day so it had to work.
I loaded all the stock yesterday (8.5 Million individual items) - 37 k different items.) over 3 different sites into SAP.
It's working....on Pallet 55 now.  We do 100's and 100's of pallets a day but if 55 work,  logically 550 will work as its all or nothing with Picks lists.

It's been so tough,  I didn't even know SAP 9 months ago.  I am so happy.

Congratulations mate. My experience of SAP stopped in 2001 when I left Lyreco inTelford and it was a bitch then. Hell of achievement virtual glass clink. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Meeting the Villa supporters of Melbourne this Saturday night.

Melbourne you say?

Do you know Preston market?

I've just found out this amazing mural (well it's amazing if you're a Beach Boys nut) has been painted there).

spacer.png

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Melbourne you say?

Do you know Preston market?

I've just found out this amazing mural (well it's amazing if you're a Beach Boys nut) has been painted there).

spacer.png

Do you actually like that song? 

On 31/01/2021 at 20:53, Genie said:

I haven’t event thought about that. I need to plan something. It’ll be a day into early evening job. Can’t be doing with the hustle and bustle of late nights.

Beer gardens, sun shining, getting progressively more pissed by the pint. 

I'm only a binge drinker anyway ( I've had about one can of beer in about the last 6 months ) so mine will be a Friday to Sunday bender somewhere up in London with a few mates

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm only a binge drinker anyway ( I've had about one can of beer in about the last 6 months ) so mine will be a Friday to Sunday bender somewhere up in London with a few mates

I know we've covered it before, but that is something I most definitely don't 'get'. A - frankly, nightmarish - diametric opposite to my drinking routine. 

• Like 4

Tomorrow, normal people will be able to watch James Anderson bowl on normal people's television for the first time since 2004 . . . Something that makes me very happy, leavened a bit by remembering what a waste of the last 17 years it has been.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Why would normal people want to watch cricket?  ;)

Following on from the ongoing conversation  , on a hot summers day its a great sport to kick back and chill at 

this is footage of me going back to my seat after getting a round in at the last test match I went to

Announces Last Call GIF

• Haha 2

Yep, I bought a fair bit of booze at Christmas for what I thought would be a family get together.

It didn’t happen. So the vast majority of the beer and wine is still just sat there. It’s rare I’d just have a beer or a glass of wine in the house.

But by the same token, I’m actively planning a future pub crawl!

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Tomorrow, normal people will be able to watch James Anderson bowl on normal people's television for the first time since 2004 . . . Something that makes me very happy, leavened a bit by remembering what a waste of the last 17 years it has been.

Wasn't the Ashes in 2005 on normal TV? C4 I think? As normal as C4 can be :D 

• Like 2

Â