Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 29/01/2021 at 12:05, Genie said:

JLR just posted £439m profit before tax for the last quarter. That’s pretty incredible all things considered.

They notched a small profit in the previous quarter too. 

The F-Pace and E-Pace, seem to have been a massive hits, certainly in the Midlands. Until 6 months ago I was in Wiltshire and saw the odd one but back in the Midlands now, and they're all over the place.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

The F-Pace and E-Pace, seem to have been a massive hits, certainly in the Midlands. Until 6 months ago I was in Wiltshire and saw the odd one but back in the Midlands now, and they're all over the place.

Defender a big part of the revival as well as sales booming in China.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I have started my planning for a post pandemic London pub crawl with my missus.

A proper paper map, coloured pens, research.

It will be an epic piece of logistics.

Any particular area?

I like visiting my mate in London as he always has some interesting boozers for me to visit each time I see him. 

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I haven’t event thought about that. I need to plan something. It’ll be a day into early evening job. Can’t be doing with the hustle and bustle of late nights.

Beer gardens, sun shining, getting progressively more pissed by the pint. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The black Friar is my favourite 

Edit - not that I've spent a ton of time drinking round the place beyond football pubs 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

Any particular area?

I like visiting my mate in London as he always has some interesting boozers for me to visit each time I see him. 

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

I haven’t event thought about that. I need to plan something. It’ll be a day into early evening job. Can’t be doing with the hustle and bustle of late nights.

Beer gardens, sun shining, getting progressively more pissed by the pint. 

It’s early stages, no point in rushing this as I think I’ve got a while yet.

It’ll depend where I stay, but as there’s drinking it’ll be a stay in town. I usually stay out by Heathrow and commute in and out, but if I’m drinking I guess I’ll probably stay around Hammersmith or Earls Court / Kensington.

The Olde Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street will be on the tour, as will the Fitzrovia over by Goodge Street. Coach & Horses in Soho probably on the list along with Admiral Napier or Comptons.

All very much in pencil so far and subject to change and recommendation!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The Olde Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street will be on the tour, as will the Fitzrovia over by Goodge Street. Coach & Horses in Soho probably on the list along with Admiral Napier or Comptons.

All very much in pencil so far and subject to change and recommendation!

Nice area around there. Northumberland Arms is decent, on the corner of Tottenham Court Road, not far from the Fitzrovia. Nice after work buzz in there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nice area around there. Northumberland Arms is decent, on the corner of Tottenham Court Road, not far from the Fitzrovia. Nice after work buzz in there. 

You know what, that might go on the list, because I love a crappy looking little Indian place just around the corner. The Agra, nothing to look at, but great people and an old haunt when I was working around there fairly regular. I’ve cooked my own naan in there, scariest thing I’ve ever done!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Lowlander Belgian bar in Dury lane is worth adding to your list .... usually a different beer menu every month 

for your general  plan that’s far to organised for me ... I’ve been known to go on pub crawls in London that end up being one pub as can’t be arsed to move on  as the beer is cold and the music is good 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Lowlander Belgian bar in Dury lane is worth adding to your list .... usually a different beer menu every month 

for your general  plan that’s far to organised for me ... I’ve been known to go on pub crawls in London that end up being one pub as can’t be arsed to move on  as the beer is cold and the music is good 

Oh, there’s every chance this could get broken up in to a few visits.

As you say, one comfy pub or one sunny day and the plan changes.

• Like 1

Has VT gone all feminist? Chrisp announces he's going to do a pub crawl with his wife, and nobody bats an eyelid? 

FWIW, my missus is happy to sit in a pub, but regards walking round a bunch of them as a waste of good drinking time (if I'm honest, so do I, but I still sometimes do it). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Has VT gone all feminist? Chrisp announces he's going to do a pub crawl with his wife, and nobody bats an eyelid? 

FWIW, my missus is happy to sit in a pub, but regards walking round a bunch of them as a waste of good drinking time (if I'm honest, so do I, but I still sometimes do it). 

...and we still hold hands when we go out for our walks!

To be honest, there’s a real novelty to it just being two of us for the first time since the 1990’s, still feels a bit weird not having either of the kids knocking around the place or needing a connecting hotel room.

So a wander around London in a state of fuzziness and not needing to keep anyone entertained feels like a really radical idea.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

...and we still hold hands when we go out for our walks!

To be honest, there’s a real novelty to it just being two of us for the first time since the 1990’s, still feels a bit weird not having either of the kids knocking around the place or needing a connecting hotel room.

So a wander around London in a state of fuzziness and not needing to keep anyone entertained feels like a really radical idea.

I'm jelly.

My wife loves a good pub crawl as well, the silly piss head.

• Like 1

Â