Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The spring. It might not be the same for you since you have the difference in climate, but going from winter to March and sunshine, knowing week by week gets brighter, warmer and I can clean my balcony, sit outside, watch my plants grow, smell the air. One of the best things in life. Love spring and summer me. 

I suspect it's the same. I have a complete dislike for winter, more because of the short days than the cold. I *love* the long days.

Apparently Pubs with beer gardens are getting overrun with bookings for 12th April. 

I hope the weather is brilliant in April and everyone acts sensibly and pubs can finally start to make some money. 

• Like 1

This probably only will make you laugh if you're familiar with Adrian Chiles' famously banal Guardian opinion pieces, but . . .

Someone has made a fake Adrian Chiles headline generator: http://tom.ledger.name/chileswriter.html

Some of the ones I got made me LOL

chilessleep.jpg

chilesfall.jpg

chilesdrugs.jpg

(Actually, I should say that my absolute favourite was 'Looking at naturists can be life-threatening - end their anonymity', but sadly I had skipped past it before saving it)

• Like 2

Driving over to see the missus, i was in a bit of a bad mood. My next door neighbours have been making a noise similar to a garage door closing with a bang and shudder for months.  It's coming from the back room of the house and is quite frequent. I've asked my neighbour twice what it was and he's denied it.....it's annoying cos we have got on well for years. He knows that i know he's lying to me and that's what winds me up more than the noise itself......

....anyway....

A skinny yoof is riding behind me on the fart box of all fart box mopeds....i mean, I've heard hairdryers with stronger engines. I look in my rear view mirror to see that he is doing a wheelie !!! Quad bike ? Honda fireblade ? Harley Davidson ? Naaah....a pretend vespa that looks like it was about to fall apart and here's my man, going all steve mcqueen except all he then did was "spin" around and tootle off the other way.

It doesn't sound like a big deal and it wasn't but it was one of those burst out laughing moments which made me forget about my lying neighbour. 

Until tomorrow 🙄

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

On 08/03/2021 at 18:04, mottaloo said:

Driving over to see the missus, i was in a bit of a bad mood. My next door neighbours have been making a noise similar to a garage door closing with a bang and shudder for months.  It's coming from the back room of the house and is quite frequent. I've asked my neighbour twice what it was and he's denied it.....it's annoying cos we have got on well for years. He knows that i know he's lying to me and that's what winds me up more than the noise itself......

....anyway....

A skinny yoof is riding behind me on the fart box of all fart box mopeds....i mean, I've heard hairdryers with stronger engines. I look in my rear view mirror to see that he is doing a wheelie !!! Quad bike ? Honda fireblade ? Harley Davidson ? Naaah....a pretend vespa that looks like it was about to fall apart and here's my man, going all steve mcqueen except all he then did was "spin" around and tootle off the other way.

It doesn't sound like a big deal and it wasn't but it was one of those burst out laughing moments which made me forget about my lying neighbour. 

Until tomorrow 🙄

You cannot put a price on good neighbours. You could have the best house in the best area but if your neighbours are selfish pricks then it’ll be miserable living there.

Where I lived once there was an ok family next door (semi-detached) but then most of the family moved out and they rented the house out to their 2 late teen sons. It was awful as you could imagine. Parties, music, smoking weed in the garden coming through the windows. 
We upped and left sharpish. 

55 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

That’s fantastic 

Carrie Braunstein (who is in that clip) acted in it and  wrote it (with Fred Armisen, also in the clip, stood next to her). She is also in the band Sleater-Kinney and was also on the radio as a presenter and also wrote a book and has had a really interesting life.

• Like 2

Not really a cheer but had my car insurance renewal through and its 10% cheaper than last year. 

I know claims are down this year with less traffic but its good to see it being put into pounds and pence on my policy. 

I'll still shop around but its a good start. 

• Like 1

Â