Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

6 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Feeder have remade the Just A Day video using some of the kids from the original video.

Brilliant.

I have mentioned on here before that Just A Day is my favourite music video. Indifferent to the band and song but loved the joy and the enthusiasm of the fans. Thanks. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Genie said:

I really like the idea of these fancy sweet coffee with syrups and stuff but just don’t like the taste at all. I don’t have sugar in any drinks, or on cereal.

Same. Can’t have sugar in tea and adding sweetness to coffee does nothing for me. 

Same with cold coffees. Gross

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have mentioned on here before that Just A Day is my favourite music video. Indifferent to the band and song but loved the joy and the enthusiasm of the fans. Thanks. 

Second best thing to come out of Wales after  the M4  :) ... 

I still play Echo Park , it’s held up well for nearly a 20 year old album ...

51 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Quite a heart-warming letter from an old geezer to the Torygraph about computer games:

I’d love to know if there’s any actual evidence that video games encourage violence. 

I reckon it’s total bollocks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’d love to know if there’s any actual evidence that video games encourage violence. 

Really? I would be absolutely amazed if it doesn't. 

And I am totally convinced that the reason why when when I try to sleep at night with my window open it feels like I live adjacent to Silverstone is because of the driving games all the lunatics have been playing all their lives. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Read yesterday that Poland invaded and occupied parts of Czech during an exercise, cause they didn't actually know where the border was. 

Made me smile anyway. 

Yeah, that was quite funny. A group of church goers were stunned to see Czech soldiers blocking their meeting. The local police had to come and order them off. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

And I am totally convinced that the reason why when when I try to sleep at night with my window open it feels like I live adjacent to Silverstone is because of the driving games all the lunatics have been playing all their lives. 

I don't think anyone really gets more violent as a result but sometimes I sit back and think what an odd hobby it is to go round pretending to kill people. It doesn't stop me playing though. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Like I said, I’d love to see the evidence if there is any. I highly doubt there is though, but happy to be corrected

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Well I can only go on my own personal experience, but when I was a young relatively new driver, we didn’t have driving games or GTA or whatever. But we were obsessed with setting a personal best on several roads around town.

I think as long as there have been cars, young blokes have been determined to drive like absolute pillocks. I reckon my 1.3 Marina would have given any formula 1 car a run for its money up to the top of 5 Mile Lane and back in my day.

I’m not quite sure how I didn’t kill myself.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Like I said, I’d love to see the evidence if there is any. I highly doubt there is though, but happy to be corrected

The one thing I can 100% guarantee is that you will find a load of scientists with evidence it does and another load with evidence it doesn't. 

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well I can only go on my own personal experience, but when I was a young relatively new driver, we didn’t have driving games or GTA or whatever. But we were obsessed with setting a personal best on several roads around town.

I think as long as there have been cars, young blokes have been determined to drive like absolute pillocks. I reckon my 1.3 Marina would have given any formula 1 car a run for its money up to the top of 5 Mile Lane and back in my day.

I’m not quite sure how I didn’t kill myself.

I agree in the main but it's definitely got significantly worse in the last 10-15 years. 

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The nine o'clock news is more dangerous than fortnite, especially if it contains Donald Trump 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The one thing I can 100% guarantee is that you will find a load of scientists with evidence it does and another load with evidence it doesn't. 

Have you got any evidence for this claim?

Â