Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

:lol:

Nursery teacher red-faced after discovering why newly-purchased candle 'disappeared'

Baffled Ami Heckermann messaged her sister Charlotte, who had bought her a scented wax melting pot, saying she was upset that it had vanished after she burned it

A nursery teacher was left embarrassed after her sister publicly shamed her when she got upset that her newly-purchased candle had "disappeared" - as she didn't realise burning it would use it up.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nursery-teacher-red-faced-after-22110705

• Haha 2

I bloody loved Top Trumps when I was a kid, couldn't get enough of them.

Commercial Airliners, Tanks of WWII, Prototype cars, Luxury cars, Ships, anything, I'd get the pack and just pour all over the data for ages. Every now and again they'd cock up and come up with a pack that had one card that couldn't be beat so if you had the luck of getting that card the game was pointless.

Might have been 'eastern bloc missiles' or some such pack, there was one card that won on every category. Maybe it was Rally Cars and there was that Lancia Stratos card, boom! Winner!

Yeah, Top Trumps man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Commercial Airliners, Tanks of WWII, Prototype cars, Luxury cars, Ships, anything, I'd get the pack and just pour all over the data for ages. Every now and again they'd cock up and come up with a pack that had one card that couldn't be beat so if you had the luck of getting that card the game was pointless.

Might have been 'eastern bloc missiles' or some such pack, there was one card that won on every category. Maybe it was Rally Cars and there was that Lancia Stratos card, boom! Winner!

Yeah, Top Trumps man.

I still have my collection (~120 packs, including the valuable ones like Horror 1, Horror 2 & Fantasy).  It's just something I've never bothered to get rid of, so they've followed me around.

• Like 3

That feeling when you're about to start a four hour phone shift (which you hate) and you're slightly late logging on because other work got in the way and your boss phones you up...

You apologise for not logging on on time and he says... £No, don't bother today, we've got extra staff on today, you have a rest and just catch up with your normal work..." Yeehaaa! :mrgreen:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, Top Trumps man.

Still can't beat Top Trumps although it's always better if it's your pack so you know what's strong and what isn't.

Some of my favourites:

image1 (11).jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, Top Trumps man.

I had about 50 packs of Top Trumps. Mainly the Waddingtons ones. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, tractors (great pack), etc

My folks sold them as a job lot on ebay for about £100. I think they missed a trick there, could have got more. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BOF said:

I still have my collection (~120 packs, including the valuable ones like Horror 1, Horror 2 & Fantasy).  It's just something I've never bothered to get rid of, so they've followed me around.

Some of these were quite scary for a kid

wadd_orig.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

A few weeks ago for a laugh I changed a few photographs we had up in our house, instead of one of our wedding pictures is now this picture of bernard bresslaw and sid James from carry on camping

carry_on_camping.jpg

The wife still hasn't noticed 

Good effort there @Jimzk5 but if you're going to use a carry on pic then there is a pecking order in which stars you should choose....😉

Â