Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

18 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

A few weeks ago for a laugh I changed a few photographs we had up in our house, instead of one of our wedding pictures is now this picture of bernard bresslaw and sid James from carry on camping

carry_on_camping.jpg

The wife still hasn't noticed 

That's awesome. 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Hiked the seven sisters today with Mrs H and the kids , No “do we have to “ and No“ are we there yet” in the drive down , No whinging about walking up and down hills ,from the kids ....  a lovely family day out ... made all the more perfect by swinging by Brighton on the way home for fish and chips on the beach , to find  they were serving draft beer .... I don’t think a pint ever tasted so good , if I could have persuaded  Mrs H to drive my car home and sneaked a few more in it might have been the most perfect day ever , but I’ll settle for a things that cheer you up, moment 

Sounds a good day... glad you found somewhere to park in Brighton. Last time I went I had to park so far away I was in the arse end of Hove! 

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sounds a good day... glad you found somewhere to park in Brighton. Last time I went I had to park so far away I was in the arse end of Hove! 

It’s still kind deserted down there , the pier is shut as is the majority of things ... but on the front you can get fish and chips , ice cream and beer ... no cockles and whelks though :( 

26 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This will be hard to explain and its also a bit weird, but it cheers me up, inexplicably every time I do it. 

If a man appears in on telly, on the news and they work in trades, or someone of that ilk calls my wife as part of her job. I shorten their name and verbally refer to it. E.g man on telly thats a builder, Paul Simpson. I will literally say out loud Simpo. My wife took a call just from a contractor called Paul Downs, I literally said out loud Downsy. If a roofer is on Grand Designs called Tom Glaser. I will say out loud Tompo. I don’t know where it comes from, why I do it and why it gives me enjoyment. I do not know any of these people. 

Brilliant.

I can imagine the little laugh you allow yourself after every go.

Slightly similar but obviously much less frequent, if someone on the TV or radio says Shanghai, I have to shout that out ‘Shanghai!’. Every time, I have wondered if I’ve ever been to a hypnotist show.

• Haha 1

Every time the BBC weather is presented by Tomasz Schafernaker, I HAVE to burst out: BOOM! Schafernaker-naker! BOOM! Schafernaker-naker! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm the same whenever i hear Matt Damon's name on TV and radio.

I'm obliged to shout "Matt Daaaaamon !!" like a demented loon

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Xela said:

Not me guv, it was that uncouth southerner Tony!

No i think it was me  :)

MJ  spotted it , but by a stroke of good fortune ,  he then misspelt Uruguay in another thread  , so his victory was short-lived :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Might just be be but every night (allegedly), when @Xela posts in the “what’s your tipple” thread I know it’s half five and time to turn off the laptop, cheers me up no end I can tell you

I did the same tonight. Got up from the table and went to the fridge. 

• Like 2

Â