Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I hope it ends her “career”

I doubt it. It'll probably get her a few more bookings.

It may, however, temper some of the other controversialists. I see Grimes (obviously not quite in the same ballpark as Hopkins) has wiped the vast majority of his social media history, for example.

Edited by snowychap

On the phone to DVLA this morning, chasing up the provisional driving license for my nipper.

First happy thing: they answered the phone almost instantly! Literally half way through the recorded message asking for more time due to covid, someone picked up.

Second happy thing: I managed to get the middle name of my nipper wrong! I gave the middle name of the other sprog. But they guy on the phone laughed and offered me the advice that what he’d done, was to get the full name and d.o.b. of his kids tattooed on his arm so whenever it comes up he can just read it out.

Third happy thing: He said obviously because the nipper wasn’t on the phone he couldn’t give me any specific information relating directly to their application. However he could tell me the general information that they haven’t issued any driving licenses to anyone in the time frame I’d quoted.

Having had a lovely chat with the guy, and a good laugh about not knowing kids names and getting tattoos, I finished the call, turned around and my missus was stood there listening in!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just got an email from our static caravan site in Pennal near Machynlleth...re-opening on July 13. Can't wait to get the **** away from Brum.

spacer.png

Surely this is worthy of a carry on camping pic....

images (6).jpeg

The sky has just opened and is throwing buckets of water onto the ground

Yes this is the right thread

I was in danger of having to jet wash the block paving at the back. I have now deemed it far too dangerous

38 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Sat and watched a whole game of footy on the tv today. First time in absolutely ages.

Wales vs Belgium.

I think Robson-Kanu, Cruyff turning two Belgian defenders and sitting them down is one of my favourite sporting moments ever.

Edited by AVFC_Hitz
Zvonomir Boban
  • Like 1

Thunderstorms, going out in the garden in just a pair of shorts and getting completely drenched through in the torrential downpour. It’s great fun! Especially when half an hour later the sun’s back out and it’s hot again. There’s something quite special about being out in a summer storm, the full force of the thunder and lightening makes you realise how insignificant we are compared to the power of nature. 

• Like 4

I could have as easily put this in the 'piss you off' thread, as the thing the guy's on about does, but I very much enjoyed his rant on our local FB group: 

What’s going on with Micklefield Park? 

Early evening and little ones are playing amongst the local 16 yr old baby gangsta wannabes. They’re blasting full on XXX hard core sweary rap toonz amongst them at full tilt... Can the parents of these doughnuts at least ask them to go in a bush to smoke and deal their gear? And play some decent music! And why are they all carrying make up bags? 

You can’t ask them politely to turn it down a bit cos ‘man dem’ pull funny faces and do this daft dancey thing.. And say bruv a lot. And then start talking in some sort of Jamaican patois/street dialect I think which is where I get really confused and haven’t got a clue what they’re on about. I think I might have got threatened with a Roast Lamb leg at one bit? Yummy!  Used to love Lamb but hardly a reasonable weapon is it?

Anyway....what... is ...this...all...about? We know these Roadmen, I mean.. kids come from the mean streets of middle class Rawdon, so what’s happened? That decent school they go to up the road was, until quite recently, one of the best around. Mum AND Dad most likely work very hard. Does Monsterlentlesslesslethargy and Skunk make your brain fall out? (Actually yes).  Or do they just think there’s no law or authority in this area? Both!

If I hadn’t been so stoned from just walking through the plumes of weed throughout the rest of the park I might have got upset. 

No. In fact I am upset.. But not with them. With you. 

Come on please Councillor, sort this out. It’s not on when little ones can’t use the facilities, or have to play amongst this.  Or when the local residents feel intimidated. 
You know we pay to live here. And you know that you, the Council and the ‘PoPo’ have a duty of care, so please will you help us with this? 
Nip this in the bud now and these kids won’t think they can get away with behaving how they want, and you might just prevent bigger problems down the line. 
It’s not rocket science. 
Come and have a look any night when it’s not raining (that’s cheating). 
I’d love to be able to tag you in this but I still feel a bit fuzzy from my early evening stroll. 
Anyone got any mini cheddars? 
🏼

P.S Is it illegal now to clip kids round the ear? (Asking for a friend)

• Like 2

On 21/06/2020 at 21:40, chrisp65 said:

Sat and watched a whole game of footy on the tv today. First time in absolutely ages.

Wales vs Belgium.

I had a tenner on Belgium thinking they'd learn their lesson from last time.

Typical.

• Like 1

Â