Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

Seriously though I have not watched a single kick of football since it came back and that really cheers me up.

Didn't even know we had a game today until 2 minutes ago.

I haven't followed any of our games since it back either. I can do without that disappointed feeling.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I haven't followed any of our games since it back either. I can do without that disappointed feeling.

My real life is disappointing enough with the football adding to it! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Xela said:

My real life is disappointing enough with the football adding to it! 

Exactly . 2020 is an actual living nightmare without the weekly kick in the nuts provided by 22 millionaires kicking a ball around.

• Like 4

On 26/05/2020 at 10:30, Stevo985 said:

12 pounds down in 5 weeks. 
The lockdown has been good for something. 

Put 2 stone on in the last year. Lost motivation in the gym and the diet. Been able to refocus and work on getting back to where I was. 

Probably losing muscle too. But I can concentrate on building that back up over the winter when gyms are safe. 

Should probably go in the gym thread, but it’s cheering me up.

A month later and got over the 20 pounds mark today. Buzzing. 

aim is to hit 2 stone by the time I go to Ireland so I have about 6 weeks. I’ll put a couple of pounds on when I’m there so I’ll have another big push when I get back for the remainder of the year and look to get myself down to the 15 stone mark. 

Then hopefully gyms are a bit safer by the winter so I can concentrate on regaining some of that muscle. 

again it should be in the gym thread but it continues to cheer me up. Especially when villa are so shit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Seriously though I have not watched a single kick of football since it came back and that really cheers me up.

Didn't even know we had a game today until 2 minutes ago.

We have? Shit. Wish you hadn't told me that.  :( 

EDIT: OK, I've just been Over There and read the match thread. This post is now officially in the wrong thread. 

Edited by mjmooney

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A month later and got over the 20 pounds mark today. Buzzing. 

aim is to hit 2 stone by the time I go to Ireland so I have about 6 weeks. I’ll put a couple of pounds on when I’m there so I’ll have another big push when I get back for the remainder of the year and look to get myself down to the 15 stone mark. 

Then hopefully gyms are a bit safer by the winter so I can concentrate on regaining some of that muscle. 

again it should be in the gym thread but it continues to cheer me up. Especially when villa are so shit

Pre-lockdown I lost 11 pounds but I’ve managed to re-find it since.

I’ve stemmed the flow now but need to kick on and get some weight off again.

• Like 1

On 27/06/2020 at 13:22, mjmooney said:

I could have as easily put this in the 'piss you off' thread, as the thing the guy's on about does, but I very much enjoyed his rant on our local FB group:

I like it.  Quality and clever.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I had 2 years off but I started my XFM Karl Pilkington journey again today.

I doubt anything will make me laugh as much as this in my whole life.

I started listening to a few again recently. The one where Ricky comes in to do a voiceover and just leaves him with the Dr Frog one is hilarious.

Also the one where Karl is forced to tell Steve about the conversation he overheard on the tube between the two people about how weird Steve looks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I  found a potentially hazardous incident in my work emails half an hour before the close of play today

My office Computer is now offline and won't be back on until the morning

I cannot access any form of work for the evening! Get in!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

"That's what I do, I win",  David Moyes.

Quote of the year.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, snowychap said:

Yuck.

It also drives people at accelerated speeds towards disaster.

I think you've misconstrued the message if that's what you make of it, and no, it doesn't.

Â