Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I'm going to post at midday tomorrow and **** you all up 

If you start drinking at midday then you're the one who'll be ****** up 😂

• Haha 1

When I was a pup I lived and worked in Great Yarmouth. Heady times and outside of a stellar record shop, very little in the 80s to keep me happy. Very little, but there was one thing. Inspired by @chrisp65 mention of bad taxidermy. No visit to Yarmouth in the 80s was complete without a visit to Great Yarmouth House of Wax. 

Who dat you say? Tony Blair  

qQUCQ4s.jpg

its like having them in the flesh. 

hicFAgA.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 09/06/2020 at 07:54, Seat68 said:

This will be hard to explain and its also a bit weird, but it cheers me up, inexplicably every time I do it. 

If a man appears in on telly, on the news and they work in trades, or someone of that ilk calls my wife as part of her job. I shorten their name and verbally refer to it. E.g man on telly thats a builder, Paul Simpson. I will literally say out loud Simpo. My wife took a call just from a contractor called Paul Downs, I literally said out loud Downsy. If a roofer is on Grand Designs called Tom Glaser. I will say out loud Tompo. I don’t know where it comes from, why I do it and why it gives me enjoyment. I do not know any of these people. 

Why do you switch from forename to surname? That must make it very confusing for your wife.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Why do you switch from forename to surname? That must make it very confusing for your wife.

Some names don’t work. My wife also knows who I am on about by Shaking her head and muttering for **** sake. 
The main bit is the job, builder, chippie, roofer, electrician, mechanic. They also need to have an anglicised name. Soz non english named people, it doesnt work for me if you are Polish. Then it comes down to the name. Eg. Dave Cartwright, Davo. Paul Shaw, Shawsy. Its a bit of science, without science. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Some names don’t work. My wife also knows who I am on about by Shaking her head and muttering for **** sake. 
The main bit is the job, builder, chippie, roofer, electrician, mechanic. They also need to have an anglicised name. Soz non english named people, it doesnt work for me if you are Polish. Then it comes down to the name. Eg. Dave Cartwright, Davo. Paul Shaw, Shawsy. Its a bit of science, without science. 

It sounds like a system.

I'm not one to knock a system.

Edit: Are all Daves Davo? What do you call Dave Shaw?

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

It sounds like a system.

I'm not one to knock a system.

Edit: Are all Daves Davo? What do you call Dave Shaw?

Davo. But its all on a case by case basis. 

• Like 1

What cheers me up?

This place, especially after a tough day at work. I can even overlook the horrific sight of gravy on chips.

Never change VT

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Xela said:

I can even overlook the horrific sight of gravy on chips.

Um, maybe someone hijacked your account to write this then Alex? 😋

21 hours ago, Xela said:

Jesus Christ

Covid 19 and general anarchy in the UK I can take, but this? 

Nice of you to let Top Cat have a lick of the fish before you ate it. 

• Haha 1

On 10/06/2020 at 17:37, mjmooney said:

The virus thread has dropped to 17th place (at time of posting). 

The VillaTalk thread order is the only true gauge of how the virus is being controlled in the UK :thumb:

• Like 3

Â