The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Maybe - unless it's just an improved cash deal for the remainder of his current contract. 

What would the point of offering an improved salary without any increased protection for the club, such as extending the length of his contract so Jack can’t leave for free in 22 months?

• Like 2

Just now, brommy said:

What would the point of offering an improved salary without any increased protection for the club, such as extending the length of his contract so Jack can’t leave for free in 22 months?

The fact that Jack wanted to go back in the summer but wasn't allowed to do so by the club - and might have agreed to stay this season based on higher earnings.

I have no idea, just speculating.

16 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

The fact that Jack wanted to go back in the summer but wasn't allowed to do so by the club - and might have agreed to stay this season based on higher earnings.

The club would be crazy to do anything like that. If a clause has been put in, it will be on a new and extended contract. I’d hope it’s a non-promotion type clause too. 

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Ultimately all of our speculating will remain unconfirmed. Fortunately our current speculation can be light hearted because Jack is still our player. :flag:

In my opinion, the club (especially with the new owners) will have trusted that Jack wouldn’t submit a transfer request and wouldn’t go on strike over the club turning down what they considered to be a derisory bid(s). I therefore believe the club will be offering a much increased salary based on extending the length of his contract BUT with the ‘protection’ for Jack’s career of a reasonable release clause. Of course many Villa fans may think ‘reasonable’ would be £40m or £50m, but I doubt Jack and his advisers would agree to that.

Better to keep Jack for this season and guarantee £25m or £30m for him next summer than Jack not signing a new contract and leaving for free 12 months later. Obviously we’d all rather he stayed for the next decade and helped Villa to success!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brommy said:

Ultimately all of our speculating will remain unconfirmed. Fortunately our current speculation can be light hearted because Jack is still our player. :flag:

In my opinion, the club (especially with the new owners) will have trusted that Jack wouldn’t submit a transfer request and wouldn’t go on strike over the club turning down what they considered to be a derisory bid(s). I therefore believe the club will be offering a much increased salary based on extending the length of his contract BUT with the ‘protection’ for Jack’s career of a reasonable release clause. Of course many Villa fans may think ‘reasonable’ would be £40m or £50m, but I doubt Jack and his advisers would agree to that.

Better to keep Jack for this season and guarantee £25m or £30m for him next summer than Jack not signing a new contract and leaving for free 12 months later. Obviously we’d all rather he stayed for the next decade and helped Villa to success!

I don’t think anyone has a problem by a release clause of 30m if we don’t go up.

But the issue is if that clause works even if we went up!

I think as long as we’re in the right way we could keep him. I mean going up, show some ambition. 

I think taking it step by step is the right way. I doubt the club would put a clause unless its for us failing to go up.

SSN showing footage of the lads getting off the bus, Jack shows up so Jim White had to say, “Jack Grealish never got the move in wanted in the summer, he is here tonight”. 

Can we all move on?

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think anyone has a problem by a release clause of 30m if we don’t go up.

But the issue is if that clause works even if we went up!

I think as long as we’re in the right way we could keep him. I mean going up, show some ambition. 

I think taking it step by step is the right way. I doubt the club would put a clause unless its for us failing to go up.

I agree and hopefully we will go up and Jack won’t be interested in going to another club. However, suppose Jack and his advisers refuse to sign a new contract unless it has a £25m release clause that applies whatever division Villa are in. Do we keep him on his current contract and risk losing him for free?

1 hour ago, deeps said:

SSN showing footage of the lads getting off the bus, Jack shows up so Jim White had to say, “Jack Grealish never got the move in wanted in the summer, he is here tonight”. 

Can we all move on?

Not for a considerable amount of time, unfortunately. Jack was linked with one of the sports media darlings; if he’d have been linked Premier League clubs like Burnley or Bournemouth, the media would have moved on already.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

He was a level above everyone else tonight. Every attacking move goes through him. If a team manages to mark him effectively (or if he's injured) we're useless going forward. 

Hopefully that's where mcginn steps up

8 hours ago, brommy said:

Not for a considerable amount of time, unfortunately. Jack was linked with one of the sports media darlings; if he’d have been linked Premier League clubs like Burnley or Bournemouth, the media would have moved on already.

Yup. We wont be forgiven for keeping him, probably ever. Goes against the narrative they have constructed. Wait ill January when spurs will have inevitablely disappointed (because they arent that good) and so this will get legs all over again.

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

mentioned in the match day thread thats why you cant judge him on stats, another game where he's head and shoulders above everyone else, involved in 2 of our best moments in the game but statistically done nothing

james maddison can score the same tap in as hourihane and wrack up some really impressive figures, he cannot play that pass to kodjia, im not sure dele alli can play that pass to kodjia

Quite funny how often people point to stats to try and degrade him. Absolute Rolls Royce.

It's nice and easy to pinpoint those who either don't understand the game, or don't watch Villa.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone else spotted it last night but he did something truly bizarre, I wasn't sure it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me until I watched it back.

He picked up the ball, looked up, analyzed what was happening in front of him, saw the run and played the ball into that space.

Truly revolutionary stuff.

• Haha 1

Love the way most of his passes are perfectly weighted.

Has a better all round game than Deli Ali and should be picked for the England squad now.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

Love the way most of his passes are perfectly weighted.

Has a better all round game than Deli Ali and should be picked for the England squad now.

The longer he stays away from England the better for me!

Â