The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He and McGinn ran the show on Saturday. 

The problem was there was no cutting edge in attack. They either fed the wingers who more often than not disappointed, or they played it to Kodjia's feet who struggled to create anything.

There were very few clear cut chances created by anyone. 

We miss Snodgrass as a creative player from wide, and Albert looking a shadow of his former self is also not helping. Hopefully Green taking Albert's spot will solve one problem.

I'm still optimistic that the Grealish/McGinn partnership could blossom.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He and McGinn ran the show on Saturday. 

The problem was there was no cutting edge in attack. They either fed the wingers who more often than not disappointed, or they played it to Kodjia's feet who struggled to create anything.

There were very few clear cut chances created by anyone. 

We miss Snodgrass as a creative player from wide, and Albert looking a shadow of his former self is also not helping. Hopefully Green taking Albert's spot will solve one problem.

I'm still optimistic that the Grealish/McGinn partnership could blossom.

In reality its shows our reliance on good wing play. We did it last year and had no other plan when anyone nullified our wingers. If we actually worked on pattern of plays then we could create chances in open play more often. 

10 hours ago, terrytini said:

He actually played well enough Saturday in my view but the problem is now he’s our only threat.....although of course McGinn is emerging as one as well.

Its too easy for the opposition. At his best last season he had company in Snodgrass, CH, and an in form Albert. That spread the load for both us and the opposition.

We need 4 creative players, not 2, in my view.

Spot on.

I thought that it was one of the weaker games i have seen of Grealish yesterday. From the 75th minute, he dind't work anymore, he just passed the ball and wandered back and forth. Hope Bruce isen't afraid to sub him off when he clearly needs a rest

He was OK, but that's about it. I felt he often held onto the ball far too long and some of his passing and delivery from set pieces was poor. For someone wanted by a club like Spurs I expect more and I've felt that in every game I've seen him play this season. McGinn to me looks more important thus far. Grealish needs to go up a gear or two. 

Will be very interesting to see how he plays with El-Ghazie and Bolasie.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was OK, but that's about it. I felt he often held onto the ball far too long and some of his passing and delivery from set pieces was poor. For someone wanted by a club like Spurs I expect more and I've felt that in every game I've seen him play this season. McGinn to me looks more important thus far. Grealish needs to go up a gear or two. 

Will be very interesting to see how he plays with El-Ghazie and Bolasie.

errrrr I love Jacks, play.

but yeah, I can see your point.

I would like to see his best work in the last third.....but the weight of his passes is superb.

Also top of the dispossessed & unsuccessful touches stats, Less tackles & interceptions than just about every other player. Fewer key passes, assists & shots than McGinn who has played a game less, but hey he's been fouled the most...

1 assist from a corner in 4 games where we have scored 9 times...

Nothing has changed.

Edited by LakotaDakota

Yeah he wasnt good against Brentford. I hope Bruce realise he is only 22 as well and may need a rest every now and then. Hourihane McGinn and Whelan can play against Reading.. maybe give him a breather to keep him fresh

Â