The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Non promotion release clause of £30m I reckon.

The clause should be £30 - 35 Million - fair price in the current market. He is worth a lot more IMO. The clause will not matter as we are going up this season! ?  UTV.

Nassef said NO!

Bruce Confident on new Grealish Deal

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce says Jack Grealish is "the best young player" he has ever worked with and hopes the midfielder will have signed a new contract by the end of August.

Grealish, 22, was strongly linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur over the summer, but Villa refused to sell him.

BBC Sport reported the clubs were around £7m apart in their valuation of the Birmingham-born Villa fan.

He signed a four-year deal at Villa Park in September 2016.

Bruce is hopeful that Grealish can establish a long-running partnership in midfield with summer signing John McGinn, who arrived from Hibernian for a reported fee of £2.75m on 8 August.

"Those two in midfield will complement each other and let's hope they're Aston Villa's midfield for a lot of years to come," Bruce told BBC WM.

On 10 July, Bruce had conceded that it was "inevitable" that the Championship club - who lost May's play-off final against Fulham - would have no option but to sell Grealish.

That came when Villa were enduring a tumultuous few weeks financially, having missed a £4m tax payment in June, and needed to find around £40m to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations.

But then, on 20 July, investment arrived from billionaire businessmen Wes Edens and Nasser Sawiris, which prompted the club's change in stance on Grealish's future.

"Certainly if there wasn't new ownership, Jack wouldn't be here," added Bruce, whose side have won their first two Championship matches.

"He's arguably the best young player I've had, probably ever, when you think of Jordan Henderson and Andy Robertson who are playing at Liverpool, and I've had a lot of good young players.

"We have said to him there will be a reward of a new contract offer to him. The new owners are trying to get a new chief executive in at the moment and that will kick in hopefully at the end of this month when the window closes."

Interesting few comments, notably Grealish and McGinn partnership, Grealish being "The Best" youngster he has worked with, and a new CEO being appointed.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

His release clause should be nowhere near 25 million. If he keeps improving the way he is there will be a bidding war come the end of the season should we not go up. IMO there shouldn't be a figure written into the contract, only a private assurance that they won't stand in his way and won't be unreasonable. That way if he improves enough to call the attention of the biggest clubs they'd be more likely to splash out millions more to get their man.

That makes a lot of sense.

his minimum release figure will be a figure that punishes us for not getting promoted, it wont reflect his value it will be less, it will in effect be a figure that says if we dont go up he will be leaving, which i personally think is fair enough

and if we dont put a figure in then why should he sign anything? private assurances dont mean a thing, he must know that he has a fair few years left to earn a lot of money, he doesnt need to sign anything right now to get that money this year, tie himself down to a 4 year deal on £40k a week is worth £8m, signing nothing a leaving on a free in 2 years time signing a £60k a week deal somewhere else is worth exactly the same, where is the incentive?

Edited by villa4europe

3 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

His release clause should to be at least 40 million in my opinion.

The club could try but I don’t think Jack will sign a contract with a release clause above £30m.

If I were the new owners, I would push for £30m and accept a minimum of £25m. Anything like £20m or less and I think the club would rather keep Jack on his relatively ‘low’ wage even if it meant leaving for free in 2 years.

A question for us VTers, regarding Jack possibly refusing to sign a new contract with a decent release clause, if you were the club, how low would you go?

I’ll start with £25m in this division, £50m if Jack is good enough to help get us promoted.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

his minimum release figure will be a figure that punishes us for not getting promoted, it wont reflect his value it will be less, it will in effect be a figure that says if we dont go up he will be leaving, which i personally think is fair enough

and if we dont put a figure in then why should he sign anything? private assurances dont mean a thing, he must know that he has a fair few years left to earn a lot of money, he doesnt need to sign anything right now to get that money this year, tie himself down to a 4 year deal on £40k a week is worth £8m, signing nothing a leaving on a free in 2 years time signing a £60k a week deal somewhere else is worth exactly the same, where is the incentive?

To help his club get a better price in the event that the biggest clubs are willing to go well over 30 million (or even higher) to get him?

the club and his agent will know the value of the offer spurs made, they will also know the structure of it, even if was for £25m i doubt levy offered that all up front as cash, if i was the agent i would want that figure used as a benchmark, if i was the club i would insist it was an all cash upfront offer 

Jack had a 20 minute cameo performance on Tuesday night. I know that he was playing against league two opposition, but I saw him do things that a player like Dele Alli could not replicate, and he's valued hugely!

We have a rare diamond .... Let's not undervalue him!

1 minute ago, kieranavfc said:

To help his club get a better price in the event that the biggest clubs are willing to go well over 30 million (or even higher) to get him?

like i said in the other post his agent will know what kind of money was discussed this summer, it wont be a figure that prices himself out of a move, if there is absolutely no indication that anyone this summer came close to £30m this summer then why would they agree to a figure based on the assumption that he will be worth more next summer? because he will have a better season and keep progressing? you can balance that out with one year to go on his contract

the point of a non promotion relegation clause will be that if we dont get promoted he will be leaving at a price that will undervalue him

it wont be if we dont get promoted he can leave for a figure we would probably accept anyway

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Jack had a 20 minute cameo performance on Tuesday night. I know that he was playing against league two opposition, but I saw him do things that a player like Dele Alli could not replicate, and he's valued hugely!

How low would go on his release clause if it meant Jack not signing a new contract and leaving for free?

36 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Sawiris and Edens need to tell Jack that they want to build a 'Spurs' type team around him, and his new contract should reflect that.

How low would you accept a release clause if it meant Jack not signing and losing him for free?

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

The way Jack is on the ball I don't think there is many who could replicate that, especially the way he glides past people but I have to say on a whole dele alli is way ahead of grealish in pretty much every attribute. 

Â