The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I am hoping Jack stays, but preparing myself for the worst by thinking he will probably leave. However I hope if he does go now, at least we can hope to get full value now and not have our pants pulled down because we are cash strapped to pay a bill.

£40m+ Or he stays. The new owners need to make a statement, and that is the minimum he is worth in today’s market, time to show your strength. Nobody bids that, we keep him as we will gain more than that by getting promotion. If Jack loves the Villa he won’t sulk or mess us about.

I think Jack is torn. I think he wants to stay as a villa fan but Spurs is a carrot. Champions League and Pochetino not afraid give youth a chance and he trusts his players 

Benteke once wanted to go to Spurs but they bid less than we were willing to accept. Even if Jack wants to join them Levy will still have to make us an offer that we are prepared to accept. I doubt that he will. Benteke stayed and signed a new contract when he realised nobody then wanted him enough to meet our asking price. Might history repeat itself with Jack? My fingers are crossed that it will...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John said:

Benteke once wanted to go to Spurs but they bid less than we were willing to accept. Even if Jack wants to join them Levy will still have to make us an offer that we are prepared to accept. I doubt that he will. Benteke stayed and signed a new contract when he realised nobody then wanted him enough to meet our asking price. Might history repeat itself with Jack? My fingers are crossed that it will...

Well you could add to that, that he is a Villa so he might not want to force the club to accept the worse offer. Add to that that he's still young. Although Tottenham seem to be a time that all the promising young players would like to join, they would go directly to the national team. 

20 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Well you could add to that, that he is a Villa so he might not want to force the club to accept the worse offer. Add to that that he's still young. Although Tottenham seem to be a time that all the promising young players would like to join, they would go directly to the national team. 

I very much doubt that Jack would look to force a move even if he wanted one. If Levy therefore does not make an offer that we accept that should be an end of the matter. I hope that Jack will want to be a major part in what our new owners are looking to do with our football club in any case.

4 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Grealish needs to be playing at a higher level to fulfil his potential.

We just need to get a good price for him.

Staying for another season will hold career back. 

We’re nailed on to win the league by mid April. Add to that lifting  the League and FA Cups and I can’t see how that would hold back his career next season?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John said:

I very much doubt that Jack would look to force a move even if he wanted one. If Levy therefore does not make an offer that we accept that should be an end of the matter. I hope that Jack will want to be a major part in what our new owners are looking to do with our football club in any case.

Yeah I agree with that, there are alot of differences than the case of Benteke, Yet Benteke stayed at the end even with handing a transfer letter.

Speaking about Benteke, depending on who Palace get, Why dont we get him on loan with a view of buying?

No one seem to rate now apart from us. I’ve even seen him commenting about a picture on Instagram posted by Grealish saying (Great Days) which was the win against Liverpool at Wembley.

Weve got Snodgrass last season on loan while they were rating him by 12m. I know Im reading a lot into this, especially when we consider FFP, but it will be the right move for Benteke and Villa.

30 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Grealish needs to be playing at a higher level to fulfil his potential.

We just need to get a good price for him.

Staying for another season will hold career back. 

Would you rather hold Aston Villa back, or Jack Grealish?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Does Neil Moxley have a good track record?

He is definitely close to Steve Bruce. But then Bruce could have told Moxley this to put pressure on the new owners. It’s a ready made excuse for Bruce “we had to sell our best player, he wanted to stay , not my fault, etc”

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There's a shock and some were saying he would rather stay here at a lower level on less money. Welcome to the todays world. Money talks.

It’s a newspaper piece. Let’s not get carried away. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There's a shock and some were saying he would rather stay here at a lower level on less money. Welcome to the todays world. Money talks.

He's not gone Dem...   :)

That article is just shite without a single quote from the said headlined person and just another load of old quotes used from  a Steve Bruce interview.

Besides... Levy is also too tight to dish out £40m.

6 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Yeah I agree with that, there are alot of differences than the case of Benteke, Yet Benteke stayed at the end even with handing a transfer letter.

Speaking about Benteke, depending on who Palace get, Why dont we get him on loan with a view of buying?

No one seem to rate now apart from us. I’ve even seen him commenting about a picture on Instagram posted by Grealish saying (Great Days) which was the win against Liverpool at Wembley.

Weve got Snodgrass last season on loan while they were rating him by 12m. I know Im reading a lot into this, especially when we consider FFP, but it will be the right move for Benteke and Villa.

Nice thought, but it's highly unlikely to happen in the short term. For now, I would be offering Jack a new contract on improved terms to reward his loyalty with an agreement that we wouldn't stand in his way in 12 month's time if he then wanted to go and a mutually agreed transfer release clause was activated by another club.

9 minutes ago, John said:

Nice thought, but it's highly unlikely to happen in the short term. For now, I would be offering Jack a new contract on improved terms to reward his loyalty with an agreement that we wouldn't stand in his way in 12 month's time if he then wanted to go and a mutually agreed transfer release clause was activated by another club.

Yep, Id say that would be the most sensible option for both parties. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

It’s a newspaper piece. Let’s not get carried away. 

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and I say I think there is legs to this. Logically he is a footballer he will want to earn more and play at a higher level.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and I say I think there is legs to this. Logically he is a footballer he will want to earn more and play at a higher level.

He probably does. As I said if we accept their offer he can’t really turn it down.  It’s too big an opportunity.

But first they have to make the offer which I don’t think are even willing to do. 

I very much doubt Grealish is about to kick up a fuss and force a transfer. 

Â