The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Did he come on last night? How did he do if he did? 

Only got 15 minutes but looked good when he was on, looked forward for passes and tried to take a couple of players on. I would have brought him on for Onomah a bit earlier tbh.

Immediately came on, linked up well with Onomah (I really like players who will play a 1,2 a few times as long as it's the right decision.  He did that with Onomah and they took it up the pitch 40 yards.  

He also always shows for the ball with a hand signal. 

If I was any good, I'd play like him. :D 

2 hours ago, Nath182 said:

Only got 15 minutes but looked good when he was on, looked forward for passes and tried to take a couple of players on. I would have brought him on for Onomah a bit earlier tbh.

I wouldn't have taken off Onomah - purely because it very much looks like Grealish and Onomah get on well.  They were always looking for each other when on the ball and, for 2 greedy-ish players (or maybe, rather, players who like to run with the ball) that's a good sign.

Playing them both does give a formation headache though.  What would we setup as?  Would Davis be effective as a lone striker if Grealish and Onomah are both operating behind him, rather than trying to get the ball out wide as often? etc. etc.

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Immediately came on, linked up well with Onomah (I really like players who will play a 1,2 a few times as long as it's the right decision.  He did that with Onomah and they took it up the pitch 40 yards.  

He also always shows for the ball with a hand signal. 

If I was any good, I'd play like him. :D 

Haha just read this straight after I posted above! I'm glad I wasn't the only one amazed by the hand signal! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bobzy said:

I wouldn't have taken off Onomah - purely because it very much looks like Grealish and Onomah get on well.  They were always looking for each other when on the ball and, for 2 greedy-ish players (or maybe, rather, players who like to run with the ball) that's a good sign.

Playing them both does give a formation headache though.  What would we setup as?  Would Davis be effective as a lone striker if Grealish and Onomah are both operating behind him, rather than trying to get the ball out wide as often? etc. etc.

big problem if want play grealish on pitch, you need play 4-2-3-1"Narrow" as left winger cutter in. which we will be very good team, i believe that davis will less effective, i not think good idea so that play hogan that is better option but he is not "IN" form and poor which give us more problem...for right side so snodgrass is better canadiates to play this roles which, meant Albert have to drop for it which is bad move too as he is key in our wide man and he bring goals to us mean grealish have to drop for albert in left winger.

Shall we changing winning formation even in poor style "IF" we change attact playing style which could cost our position in table and winning by play 4-5-1 which is gambling, i think best play off to safe route - 4-5-1 unfortune which Grealish could play in Onomah roles.. or O'hare will better option that Grealish in CM/ACM roles.

which is big problem .. if albert injury ((Touch wood)) or need save him by sub him or before the match... that option might worth to play for yet Davis wouldn't effective useless we have pass to full back and cross for him useless we find Deep lay forward style (pace and "Can" dribbling yet TEAMWORK, good passer, intel to use bring team to forward by pass and move) but who!?!  mean have money spent find this type forward. Bruce will buy this type forward - NO, NO CHANCE! 

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

big problem if want play grealish on pitch, you need play 4-2-3-1"Narrow" as left winger cutter in. which we will be very good team, i believe that davis will less effective, i not think good idea so that play hogan that is better option but he is not "IN" form and poor which give us more problem...for right side so snodgrass is better canadiates to play this roles which, meant Albert have to drop for it which is bad move too as he is key in our wide man and he bring goals to us mean grealish have to drop for albert in left winger.

Shall we changing winning formation even in poor style "IF" we change attact playing style which could cost our position in table and winning by play 4-5-1 which is gambling, i think best play off to safe route - 4-5-1 unfortune which Grealish could play in Onomah roles.. or O'hare will better option that Grealish in CM/ACM roles.

which is big problem .. if albert injury ((Touch wood)) or need save him by sub him or before the match... that option might worth to play for yet Davis wouldn't effective useless we have pass to full back and cross for him useless we find Deep lay forward style (pace and "Can" dribbling yet TEAMWORK, good passer, intel to use bring team to forward by pass and move) but who!?!  mean have money spent find this type forward. Bruce will buy this type forward - NO, NO CHANCE! 

dr-evil-right.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

Well said dude, you don't need to be good at English, and I say that to my fellow brummies all the time (they have no excuse).

On 22/11/2017 at 12:19, Vive_La_Villa said:

At one point he did 3 simple one touch passes with Hourihane and then spun his man and pointed to where he wanted it played. It was surreal! 

On a serious note he looks sharp. 

Good players always make the game look easy. Jack unquestionably has that quality. 

At time he baffles and has turned in some really indifferent performances. I hope that the making it look easy sharp,turning, pointing, positive putting experienced defenders on their arse Jack is the future top quality player we have here and the indifferent player is a mixture of being young, inexperienced and injured at unfortunate times player we are leaving behind now. 

• Like 1

For me, he's the best fit in our current system as the man who plays behind Davis. He can hold the ball, use it and bring people into play, he has the potential to give us a touch of control in games and not look quite so ragged. 

Unfortunately for him, right now Onomah is in very good form and it'd be a very harsh manager who dropped him.

He's a very different player to Onomah. Grealish has the ability to pick locks, but how often have we *really* seen that over the last couple of years? 

Onomah breaks doors down. I really like him for this division, when he's switched on he's mentally and physically a level above. 

Both are wildly inconsistent and I think there's a touch of the old 'player not playing = better' syndrome going on. Jack for me will need to earn his place from the bench. 

• Like 3

4-1-2-2-1

Back 4, 1 CDM, 2 deeper wide midfielders, 2 attacking mids, 1 striker. 

We have the personnel to get away with that formation - Whelan or Jedi CDM, Snodgrass and Adomah are both very fit and contribute enough defensively, Grealish and Onomah/Hourihane with Davis up front. 

Â