The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 13/10/2017 at 16:53, markavfc40 said:

Potentially I think he is head and shoulders above anything else in this division.

I don't believe there is any basis for such an appraisal. Jota looks on a totally different planet and he is just on example. Jack is miles away from being anything like a quality player.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I don't believe there is any basis for such an appraisal. Jota looks on a totally different planet and he is just on example. Jack is miles away from being anything like a quality player.

They have a few players that are on a different planet to anybody in the league. It will be best of the rest this season. 

26 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Can't ever see him fitting into a Steve Bruce team or doing well under him. Whatever style of play we have, or are supposed to have, jack's a square peg in a round hole. 

According to Steve Bruce, before Grealish's injury in pre-season he was attempting to 'build the team around him'.  Now I don't know i) whether that's a good idea or ii) how you would go about implementing it.  But it certainly seems as though Bruce has a plan for where Jack fits into his side. 

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Or option c) it was a pile of absolute BS that he came out with when he got injured because the issues with the side were perfectly evident in pre-season and he was getting an excuse in early.

I know what I think, I'll have a C please Bob.

You can have a 'C' :)  But there's a big gap between the 2 extremes of "building a team around" and "Can't see him ever fitting into a Steve Bruce team".

I'll be glad to see him return, but he needs to make the transition from prospect to a player who actually delivers.

He's been riding the benefit that is given to youth products for a while now.

Said elsewhere but if Grealish had had the season Adomah had last year we'd all be going crazy about him. And vice versa, if Adomah had performed as grealish had, we'd be slating him.

• Like 2

I've never seen a players profile grow from been out of the team as much as i have with Jack grealish. Just remember, he's played for us loads, he is not as good as people want him to be. Pops up with the odd goal but his overall game is very flawed.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I've never seen a players profile grow from been out of the team as much as i have with Jack grealish. Just remember, he's played for us loads, he is not as good as people want him to be. Pops up with the odd goal but his overall game is very flawed.

Really?

IMO it happens pretty much every time one of our players are out injured.

From what I remember Freddy Bouma was pretty much seen as a mix between Roberto Carlos and Jesus Christ by the end of his injury stint :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I cannot wait to see Bruce get the opportunity to finally unveil his master plan. 

I don't remember any of our previous managers ever announcing a "masterplan"

just as a matter of interest what would expect to get you satisfied by what they say?

What would you like to hear?

On 16/10/2017 at 22:20, TrentVilla said:

Or option c) it was a pile of absolute BS that he came out with when he got injured because the issues with the side were perfectly evident in pre-season and he was getting an excuse in early.

I know what I think, I'll have a C please Bob.

A million million % true.

Man's a clown.

• Like 1

Â