The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Not so sure. Hourihane and snodgrass and Onomah have all been disappointing in various ways and Jack definitely has it within himself to be better than all of those. 

The only question is can he bring it out of himself. This must be his year he has to deliver and if he does there are definitely players he can usurp. 

Snodgrass and Onomah.. have been inconsistent. Surely you cant say that about Conor.

He is box to box.. how many times do you see him recovering the ball or making tackles.. screening the defence well.. it goes unnoticed how hard he works off the ball. Then he has 5 goals. No way you put a lazy Grealish in for him. Further forward.. sure.. but Hourihane is one of the first on the team sheet for mine. Just for his workrate and set pieces alone!

Grealish will be in competition with Onomah for that advanced forward role. I think Onomah is more of a box to box player too.. dont really see him as an attacking player. Dont see the hype in him.. Personally think O'Hare will be better than both. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Really not strange. Just basic man management - telling the lad he will be missed at a time he probably need a bit of a boost, lying in hospital with a punctured kidney.

Yeah that's the reason he said it! Why didn't Bruce build his team around him the year betore? Or play that formation through the summer? If I was told the injury means you've missed your chance id be more down hearted than anything else. It was a strange comment as up until he said it there was no inclination of it no matter how you wish to read it. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This is good as grealish at the moment will struggle to get into the team. When he gets his chance he has to do a adomah and take his chance. No more passengers in this side anymore

Snodgrass and Onomah both go to knocks so can see him or OHare at least getting the bench. If both don't make it play them instead. 

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Snodgrass and Onomah both go to knocks so can see him or OHare at least getting the bench. If both don't make it play them instead. 

yes and now is his chance to step up and take it like adomah and hutton have

He's looking a lot more mature now with how he plays. He really worked hard to impact the game today in the time he had and I was very impressed - he's been a bit 'too cool for school' with his attitude before but certainly not today. Would like to see him start next game.

• Like 1

One of four players we are looking to sell along with Hogan, Bree and Lansbury according to reports?

Doesn't say much about Bruce in the transfer market if true. 

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

One of four players we are looking to sell along with Hogan, Bree and Lansbury according to reports?

Would that be reports on Talksport or. On Sky Sports with accompanying attractive looking odds on him leaving? 

10 minutes ago, KHV said:

but Bruce built a system around him ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Would that be reports on Talksport or. On Sky Sports with accompanying attractive looking odds on him leaving? 

It's in the express but I can't I'm having trouble posting the link

• 3 weeks later...
Â