The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Im not his biggest fan.. i believe he has potential.. but i think he has lost that confidence/drive he used to have attacking teams.. he seems a bit hesitant these days. 

I think Onomah has played too many games.. as with Davis and they cannot keep it going. Next match Grealish should get his chance to show us what he can do.  Needs a run of games too.. not just in and out. Id start with Lansbury too.. think the goal will have done him the world of good. Rest Hourihane as hes played quite a bit too. 

We actually play football when he's on the pitch, he's also one of the few players in our team with a proper first touch, and doesn't find it difficult carrying the ball 20-30 yards up the pitch. I find it refreshing seeing someone who actually shows for the ball rather than hiding behind a defender. He needs to start against Millwall.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he needs to be starting games ahead of Onomah. We're playing a shape that's built for Grealish - it's time to see if it works.

A shape that if Bruce is to believed was created around Grealish at 10. Obviously injury scuppered that plan, but now fit, and with Onamah performing poorly, he has to give Jack a run at 10. 

When he had that health scare earlier in the season you would hope that Jack took time to reflect on how fortunate he is to be in the position he is in with regards to his ability and his career. Hopefully, he will go on to fulfil that potential we all thought he had and be the player we think he is. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AVTuco said:

It seems to me we need an awful lot of chances to score a goal. Since we don't have options up front, we need to try something behind the striker. It's time for Jack.

Completely agree. We are down to the bare bones in terms of strikers and we can't rely on Davis (thats not a criticism, i like the boy but he is young so he's going to be inconsistent), so we need creativity and goals from midfield. 

I think Jack offers more than Onamah in that regard. 

I'd love to know how often he's been given a run in the team. I believe he's incredibly talented but needs to be given a starting place on a regular basis to develop. He's only played 60 odd games for us, very difficult for him when he plays 3 or 4 then is sub for a couple etc. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2017 at 13:00, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's a lot better than Onomah in that position. 

Precisely. Said that in the Onomah thread a week ago and was laughed at. He is so much, making everything tick and flow...

On 03/12/2017 at 08:54, AVTuco said:

It seems to me we need an awful lot of chances to score a goal. Since we don't have options up front, we need to try something behind the striker. It's time for Jack.

Yes, I want to see Jack in the box. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â