The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's a very different player to Onomah. Grealish has the ability to pick locks, but how often have we *really* seen that over the last couple of years? 

Onomah breaks doors down. I really like him for this division, when he's switched on he's mentally and physically a level above. 

Both are wildly inconsistent and I think there's a touch of the old 'player not playing = better' syndrome going on. Jack for me will need to earn his place from the bench. 

Also the fact Jack is our player. Onomah suprisingly getting a lot of stick on this site. I get we should develop our own players etc but surely the team comes first. 

Saying that the glimpses I have seen of Grealish remind me of the player that hit the scene all those years ago. It's a long hard season. He well get his chance and hopefully take it. 

I think it's encouraging a player like Jack doesnt walk straight back in to the team. 

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's a very different player to Onomah. Grealish has the ability to pick locks, but how often have we *really* seen that over the last couple of years? 

Onomah breaks doors down. I really like him for this division, when he's switched on he's mentally and physically a level above. 

Both are wildly inconsistent and I think there's a touch of the old 'player not playing = better' syndrome going on. Jack for me will need to earn his place from the bench. 

Getting 15min at the end of a game where we're either protecting a lead or chasing isnt the easiest of stages to make an impact. Onomahs inconsistency and Grealishs sub performances so far is enough in my eyes to at least let him start on sat to really see how he can impact a game from the get go. If all players have to show they earn a starting spot from the bench, even if some of the starting players arent performing well, there wont be much rotation... 

40 minutes ago, trom_borg said:

Getting 15min at the end of a game where we're either protecting a lead or chasing isnt the easiest of stages to make an impact. Onomahs inconsistency and Grealishs sub performances so far is enough in my eyes to at least let him start on sat to really see how he can impact a game from the get go. If all players have to show they earn a starting spot from the bench, even if some of the starting players arent performing well, there wont be much rotation... 

I appreciate it isn't the ideal scenario for Jack Grealish but to be honest I'm only interested in what's best for Aston Villa. 

I like Jack, we all know he has a ton of natural ability and in fairness to him he has only started 36 games over a very difficult 3 years for him. However the questions remain over his ability to dominate games at this level, the physicality and bursts of energy Onomah provide our attacks with a dimension that seems to be working. 

If Onomah needs a rest then 100% I would turn to Grealish over O'Hare for example. I'd happily have him first man off the bench if we need that spark, whether there's 45 minutes left or 5. But right now I wouldn't change the winning formula without legitimate reason, such as Onomah IS performing imo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I appreciate it isn't the ideal scenario for Jack Grealish but to be honest I'm only interested in what's best for Aston Villa. 

I like Jack, we all know he has a ton of natural ability and in fairness to him he has only started 36 games over a very difficult 3 years for him. However the questions remain over his ability to dominate games at this level, the physicality and bursts of energy Onomah provide our attacks with a dimension that seems to be working. 

If Onomah needs a rest then 100% I would turn to Grealish over O'Hare for example. I'd happily have him first man off the bench if we need that spark, whether there's 45 minutes left or 5. But right now I wouldn't change the winning formula without legitimate reason, such as Onomah IS performing imo. 

I totally get that, and tbh Im too only interested in whats best for Aston Villa. 

And while I like Onomah and think that he has merited most of his playing time this season, I dont think he deserves to be a given starter. And I really dont think its best for Aston Villa neither short or long term to keep the likes of Grealish and even O'hare limited to a few minutes on the pitch towards the end of games. They cant challenge Onomah for a starting place if they arent given a proper chance to do so. 

Not changing the team after the great QPR performance I understand, but not after the Sunderland game.

I'd like to see Jack AND Onomah on the pitch at the same time.  I think they'd really click. Onomah has the engine to buzz around, jack has the guile to link up play.  Personally, I'd love to see them given a game with either Whelan or Jedi behind them, picking up the slack.  I think it'd be really fruitful :) 

We would have to play 3-5-2 to do that.....but with Whelan,hourihane,davis,Onomah grealish, snoddy, odomah making up the 7 it leaves ony 3 at the back.

I agree they offer different benefits.....the problem we have is so many players with limitations, trying to get the blend is tricky......add that to the inconsistencies of form.

who would be a football manager.

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd like to see Jack AND Onomah on the pitch at the same time.  I think they'd really click. Onomah has the engine to buzz around, jack has the guile to link up play.  Personally, I'd love to see them given a game with either Whelan or Jedi behind them, picking up the slack.  I think it'd be really fruitful :) 

I'd like to see that but with a slight difference, having hourihane there instead of Jedi or Whelan. I've been critical of Bruce playing hourihane deep in the past but if you have those 2 in front it fully compensates. From what I've seen I think hourihane could do the things Whelan does and cover more ground. 

• Like 1

On 23/11/2017 at 22:09, NeilS said:

Danny Villaman is not from Uk, so I don’t think English is his first language.

Hey Neil S - i am from born Chester, England and British generation (half Welsh and half English with Irish background).

yet your are correct - not first english languague - it is BSL this reason - grammar is change rules in BSL. like - "You(r) Name, What?" rather What is your name? 

what I actually need to do, written bit more practice to improve myself English grammar rules, yet AVFC is my passion support.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

Hey Neil S - i am from born Chester, England and British generation (half Welsh and half English with Irish background).

yet your are correct - not first english languague - it is BSL this reason - grammar is change rules in BSL. like - "You(r) Name, What?" rather What is your name? 

what I actually need to do, written bit more practice to improve myself English grammar rules, yet AVFC is my passion support.

Wow, I learnt something here. Very interesting that BSL constructs sentences so differently to standard written English, but I can see how that would have to be the case.

On 24/11/2017 at 00:24, dont_do_it_doug. said:

sound right descibes about them, Jack - Lockpicking and suspire them with trick,and bad day - jack is red handed or know he is do and counter to him.. your right he rare show in past but he is get us dangerous position free kick and push to close box regular but ref not helpfully as he think jack get down soft or dive which he is not on purpose get down easy (yet it is does look like he did)

onomah break door and they frozen, boom them up in good day. and onomah fail break door and try break down not work as door were lock in correct way, he give up in on bad day.

agreed Jack need to proof he can consistent,challenger onomah from bench, or give onomah "rest", if decide play him, that would cost our form.

jack need bench also o'hare need in bench as both different type to play in "static" ACM, O'hare is better potenital in static ACM that Jack sorry to say this, Jack is better off play in left winger (inside forward) or free roles in ACM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

off the topic ; I hate loan system be fair as allowed other club developed player better, useless there have right to buy for fee fixed (Only if he good play for us, and sensible price that buy him if poor for us let him go end of season or terminal during season to save wage and loan fee), if clause with not fee including - i prefer play jack or o'hare over onomah.

I will be fair on him; onomah help us to win so far, not fair drop him for jack. Jack were injured, Onomah did great for us and why drop him for jack to make ourselves lose for our player (not spurs) which is gambling which not worth take risk. If win it is worth gambling but i trust him to win for us? No onomah has play imo. 

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
Bit polished English in end line.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

Ah ok. I was half correct then, that is better than my normal success rate :D

You get your point across fine for me to understand, and to be honest there are many odd quirks in the English language that still catch me out from time to time. As you say though we all share love of the Villa, however we express it. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Ah ok. I was half correct then, that is better than my normal success rate :D

You get your point across fine for me to understand, and to be honest there are many odd quirks in the English language that still catch me out from time to time. As you say though we all share love of the Villa, however we express it. :)

no worries about this, NeilS. 

Just now, VillanousOne said:

surely Josh and Jack are very different players. I would have thought he would replace Adomah or Snods if they are injured or need a rest.

agree, Josh if replace him, i would play O'hare.  Jack replace Adomah, or Snodgrass is could better option but what about Green? 

Which is better replaced? Green and Grealish for Adomah or Snodgrass? i will honest on paper and we play the bruce style, it is Green nod ahead unfortunes possible Elmo too. if we switch 4-2-3-1 Narrow so Grealish is more better option that green and adomah, snodgrass.

14 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Who would we drop though? No chance on earth should it be adomah. It cant be whelan as if we were our midfield would be too attacking and get over run just like under di matteo.

You can't not play snodgrass after his recent form he has been excellent . That only leaves hourihane who hasnt been that bad either.  

This is what Grealish needs. Before he was automatic starter so even when he would disapper in games he would likely start.  Now he cant afford that as we have players like onomah, snodgrass that will come in if he plays shit. And vice versa.

He will have to take his chance when he gets it like albert has

• Like 2

Â