The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Good psrformamce. Really thought he'd done too much with ball before slotting it in.

Some fans will not give him credit... Morons behind me today, were singing "average jack" when everyone was singing super jack, then when he scored they sat down and said I'm not cheering that as he's a word removed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Good psrformamce. Really thought he'd done too much with ball before slotting it in.

Some fans will not give him credit... Morons behind me today, were singing "average jack" when everyone was singing super jack, then when he scored they sat down and said I'm not cheering that as he's a word removed

Leave them to it. Some people enjoy hanging their hat on negativity. Let's hope they spend much of this season sat on their behinds!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

We really are a unique bunch aren't we? lol

• Like 2

As someone who's criticised him in the past, he looked a different player today. The first shot when he was through was weak as hell, so I quite liked the way he realised the next time that his shooting was crap so he'd just run it into the net, fair play!

hopefully he gets a bit of confidence and can crack on now, same as the rest of our team. 

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Needs to stop pressing R1 for the finesse shot and put his laces on it.

I said in the ratings thread that his shooting is appalling, he really should have had a couple more goals to cap off what was a great performance 

31 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Needs to stop pressing R1 for the finesse shot and put his laces on it.

Hahah, I proper know the feeling, will be in a difficult game, do all the hard work desperate to finish it off with something special and fail miserably!

Looking at his goal yesterday I got the feeling that he was scared to shoot, he seemed to just keep dribbling until he ran out of space and had no choice. I think any other player would have smashed the ball long before Jack prodded it into the net. Maybe it was a confidence thing and hopefully the goal will spur him on now to score more.

This isn't a criticism, just an observation. 

Edited by Phumfeinz
  • Like 3

Pleased for him. This is what we expect from him. He has the talent to do this week in week out.. maybe not in Premier League.. but certainly at this level. Great start Jack. Keep it up. 

• Like 1

Heads up from the big boss.

Dr. Tony Xia Retweeted Jack Grealish

Great work! @JackGrealish1 Keep working harder&be focused! I know ur big dream one day will come true!

Dr. Tony Xia added,

CpxGteiWAAAiHUk.jpg
Jack Grealish @JackGrealish1
Great team performance today. Was great to get my first goal at VP in front of the Holte end. Fans were brilliant!⚽️
114 retweets591 likes

• Like 3

He'd have never have scored that goal in the premier league...defending was laughably bad.

Still hopefully the booster he needs....as I've said I expect him to be a big player in this division so he certainly needs a run of games to prove that.

• Like 1

Someone needs to tell the kid to put on proper shin guards. Just wait till we play someone like Leeds or Blackburn - they'll kick him straight in the shins over and over because he's prancing around like this. We're not at Barcelona kid - don't break your legs over it. I remember watching a CL game back in the day as we were linked with a player from Rosenborg (skjelbred or something), and one of the Galatasaray players tackled him above his shin guards and broke his shin in two places. He also wore too short shin guards and look what it got him. He was out for about 15 months and now plays in Germany.

Edited by magnkarl

23 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Someone needs to tell the kid to put on proper shin guards. Just wait till we play someone like Leeds or Blackburn - they'll kick him straight in the shins over and over because he's prancing around like this. We're not at Barcelona kid - don't break your legs over it. I remember watching a CL game back in the day as we were linked with a player from Rosenborg (skjelbred or something), and one of the Galatasaray players tackled him above his shin guards and broke his shin in two places. He also wore too short shin guards and look what it got him. He was out for about 15 months and now plays in Germany.

Doesn't sound like shin pads would have prevented that injury

• Like 1

I am sure the shooting will cone.  My wish for him is to stop the running forwards then laying is back. . He had the ability to breeze past players so I don't understand why he doesn't do it more often and commit them to the byeline. I can see him wriggling through into the side of the box or getting an extra few inches to whip it in to Gestade or McCormack,  should get a ton of assists.

13 hours ago, magnkarl said:

the way Leeds and Blackburn have "defended" so far this season I think he be grand vs them ;)

Â