The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He has a lot of technical ability, which is rare in English players and causing a bit of buzz. But you could find plenty of Spanish 2nd division players who are technically brilliant but have sod all pace and power. You need at least two to succeed in the Prem. Pace, power and technique you're looking at toure or pogba, I.e. One of the world's best. Technique and pace a Coutinho-type. Pace and power a Martial-type. Power and technique... I can't think off the top of my head :) but That's why Adama could be the nuts, as he has the lot, which is bloody rare. 

Edited by VillaJ100

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

He needs to take a long look at Gabby and see the wasted potential and realise he needs to start busting a gut.

However he would probably just see his money and lifestyle and think Gabby is a huge success.

Gabby isnt wasted potential though if anything he maximized his talent, he has 300 top flight appearances for a player that really only had 1 asset when starting out

• Like 1

I don't really get the "technical ability" point. I've never seen him do anything technical. He just does a bit of running at people and eventually creates nothing. I don't think he's a particularly good player.

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I don't know how you can watch him play and not see that he is very technically gifted. He does and sees things on the pitch. that other players couldn't even dream of. Unfortunately for him you need more than that to truly succeed in this league.

like play with other players that can see things ;) and not Gabby and N'zogbia

15 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

He has a lot of technical ability, which is rare in English players and causing a bit of buzz. But you could find plenty of Spanish 2nd division players who are technically brilliant but have sod all pace and power. You need at least two to succeed in the Prem. Pace, power and technique you're looking at toure or pogba, I.e. One of the world's best. Technique and pace a Coutinho-type. Pace and power a Martial-type. Power and technique... I can't think off the top of my head :) but That's why Adama could be the nuts, as he has the lot, which is bloody rare. 

Mata has little pace or power and he does OK ;) 

Big night for Jack tomorrow - I fully expect him to start for some reason (the very least a substantial appearance from off the bench)

I'm hoping that this slight deviation in fortune and results will reinvigorate JG as it has a lot of the squad.

He has the talent and ability but not sure on application and desire.

On his day he would be in our starting eleven, just not sure whats gone wrong.

Maybe it's as simple as he isn't enjoying playing as much as he did at the tail end of last season.

Let's hope he rediscovers the desire to play.

12 hours ago, mykeyb said:

On his day he would be in our starting eleven, just not sure whats gone wrong.

Maybe it's as simple as he isn't enjoying playing as much as he did at the tail end of last season.

Let's hope he rediscovers the desire to play.

Not for me he wouldn't! 

Take another look at the clips above - a couple of drag backs and a couple of dives when he's lost the ball. No end product and doesn't help the team elsewhere

29 games, 1 goal, 1 assist

Can't score, can't defend, can dribble a little

He benefits from coming through the ranks - we'd all be calling for his exit if he'd just be signed from France

• Like 2

You don't need to watch the clips. Just remember the games last season (his first as a starting player) and he was the best player on the pitch most games. There's a reason two national teams wanted him and why he's clearly highly rated in the game. 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2016 at 05:34, ozvillafan said:

Is Grealish just Lee Hendrie in disguise?

"...and I would've gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids"

He's done nothing on the pitch to show he'll do as well as Hendrie.

Â