The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think we need to be careful with Jack.

He has talent. But not shown it for a while now. He's going through a patch like Albrighton did under Houllier, after a break through under a previous manager.

We don't want to make the same mistake - but can't carry him either.

Doesnt help him that we don't play a formation that suits his role and struggling teams don't tend to be able to field players such as him. If we can get the performance out of him then great. But that's a big if.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

I think we need to be careful with Jack.

He has talent. But not shown it for a while now. He's going through a patch like Albrighton did under Houllier, after a break through under a previous manager.

We don't want to make the same mistake - but can't carry him either.

Doesnt help him that we don't play a formation that suits his role and struggling teams don't tend to be able to field players such as him. If we can get the performance out of him then great. But that's a big if.

Don't agree. The lad needs to pull his finger out period. It's not the formation, line up or Remi that is to blame for his lack of effort, it's himself. Hard graft gets form back not throwing your hands up everytime you lose the ball like kevin off the Harry Enfield show.

He has definitely got talent but I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first 11 at the moment until he starts getting his shit together.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

all gone to shit since he chose England over Ireland ;)

Which is why Trent says Lambert held him back. Sometimes youngsters need to be protected from themselves. The whole 'I pick England' thing from Jack just shows how much it went to his head. Needs to sort his **** career out sharpish. I have seen more talented kids than him slip down the leagues .

in fairness I think he has been woefully advised though, think his dad doesnt seem a great influence from outside and his agent is a bit of a dick though thats with the profession

I like Jack but he is in a bit of a slump as for he seems to be a player that needs a manager to put arm around him and tell him he is brilliant like Sherwood did and ironically what MON probably would have did to him for Ireland

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Which is why Trent says Lambert held him back. Sometimes youngsters need to be protected from themselves. The whole 'I pick England' thing from Jack just shows how much it went to his head. Needs to sort his **** career out sharpish. I have seen more talented kids than him slip down the leagues .

Lambert held him back because he didn't rate him enough. Grealish proved last year that was the wrong decision. Things have happened this year and he's to blame as well but last season happened. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Lambert held him back because he didn't rate him enough. Grealish proved last year that was the wrong decision. Things have happened this year and he's to blame as well but last season happened. 

No, he held him back because he didn't think he was ready to be a regular first team player and so as not to give him too much too soon not because he didn't rate him.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

No, he held him back because he didn't think he was ready to be a regular first team player and so as not to give him too much too soon not because he didn't rate him.

He wasn't even making the bench under Lambert for large periods. There's a difference between giving a kid and a chance and not having him as a regular player. He showed weeks after Lambert was sacked that he was ready to play a part. 

Gil did more in his first two minutes than Jack had in 70... It was the lack of drive and backing out of challenges. Not a player that will chase causes (even those not yet lost). 

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He wasn't even making the bench under Lambert for large periods. There's a difference between giving a kid and a chance and not having him as a regular player. He showed weeks after Lambert was sacked that he was ready to play a part. 

Its not just about talent.

A performance best summed up by the fact that the catatonic residents of the Upper Doug near me awoke from their torpor for only one brief moment, to boo him off the pitch. I'd give that performance a 1/10, but that would imply that 10% of what he did on the pitch was decent, which couldn't be further from the truth. 

He is lost in himself. This is his first major challenge, the problem is he is prematurely close to getting a chance because we have so little talent. He's had it too easy, if he had to work harder for longer then I think he would realise what it takes. I can just see him fading into obscurity, and people making excuses for him. It's down to him, professional football won't come and knock on his door.

I've seen the same thing in some one I know, great talent, selected for the first team squad in a leading professional club at 18/19 y.o. after coming through the academy, thought he'd made it, lost his application despite being given a second chance and the club nor the game could wait for him, there was another more deserving case there to take the chance. He is now trainee bricklayer playing his sport for beer money.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hanky said:

That's his last game in a Villa shirt as long as Garde is here in my opinion.

I wouldn't go as far as last game, but I wholeheartedly agree that it's probably his last Start. 

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

A performance best summed up by the fact that the catatonic residents of the Upper Doug near me awoke from their torpor for only one brief moment, to boo him off the pitch. I'd give that performance a 1/10, but that would imply that 10% of what he did on the pitch was decent, which couldn't be further from the truth. 

The holte was just as unforgiving. 

The thing is, he really was really good, several times. We aren't just collectively misremembering it. But what happened? Time for a looooooong sit down on the sidelines. I'd genuinely look to loan him to a Championship team for the rest of the season. 

Â