The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don't think he needs another loan, he was brilliant for Notts county, he needs continuity and another run of games for us in his natural position

29A025D200000578-3124002-Pictures_have_e

Edited by av1

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don't think he needs another loan, he was brilliant for Notts county, he needs continuity and another run of games for us in his natural position

Yes no point loaning him out. He should have a part to play in the rest of our season starting with the game on saturday. Whether he's performed or not to the level he can this season is immaterial, the boy has talent and we are already relegated so he needs to play

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes no point loaning him out. He should have a part to play in the rest of our season starting with the game on saturday. Whether he's performed or not to the level he can this season is immaterial, the boy has talent and we are already relegated so he needs to play

We're not already relegated, a lot of fans seem to have accepted it already, he's a great football talent who just needs to get his head down and play

SGC, do you think Grealish has an attitude problem/issue with Garde?

I hope he stays and at least gets close to the form he is clearly capable of, I think a loan is pointless other than for fitness.

Edited by VillanousOne

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

SGC, do you think Grealish has an attitude problem/issue with Garde?

I hope he stays and at least gets close to the form he is clearly capable of, I think a loan is pointless other than for fitness.

In my opinion, the players should honour the manager and work their socks off for him regardless of their personal  relationship with the manager. If there is a problem between Grealish and the manager then it should be sorted out behind closed doors (easier said than done). I agree with you about the loan

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I'd play him. We aren't going to get any worse so we may as well start planning for next season with a core that will still be here. Presuming Grealish will be, which I think he will.

Sounds like you've also accepted relegation CED? I am not in that camp, I am a firm believer that we can still stay up, the squad has great quality and we can still add to that

Just reading back through the last few pages, I thought i was in the Westwood thread for a moment. Slight over reaction here i think. He might be a lot of things, but gash he is not.

The difficulty with a player like Grealish is that he will always divide opinion amongst fans. I'm constantly arguing with another Villa fan at work, who refers to Grealish as a league 1 player because he is too lightweight. He is someone who would rather watch a player with pace and energy who chases every lost cause even if they lack quality. I would rather watch a player who is technically better than most with an eye for a pass and can dictate the tempo of a game.

Unfortunately for us and for Jack, the players around him also need to be on the same wave length. Last season with Delph, Cleverley and Benteke to link up with, this brought the best out of him and you could see the talent that was there. The likes of Gabby, Gestede and Sinclair just aren't on the same level. Not a criticism of any of these players specifically, it's just a fact. Worse still, this does make him a luxury player in our side at the moment because he has no one to link up to bring the best from him (Ayew perhaps the exception but we are yet to see this yet).

For me, he's one of the most exciting talents I've seen come out of the youth team and I hope that when (if!) we do start putting some good results together, we have found a system to play which allows him to be the focal point in, albeit in the championship.

• Like 2

We'll be very luck if he's still here next season, if we're relegated. If we do go down I think a few might be surprised at the amount of players we end up losing. Grealish being a Villa fan might work in our favour, but I wouldn't count on it.

1 minute ago, useless said:

We'll be very luck if he's still here next season, if we're relegated. If we do go down I think a few might be surprised at the amount of players we end up losing. Grealish being a Villa fan might work in our favour, but I wouldn't count on it.

On the flip side, if we stay up, I'd bank on him still being here

• Like 1

I would not want to sell or to loan Jack. He has not played half as well as he did last season, has made headlines for all the wrong reasons but he has real potential and I do not want us making a hasty decision on selling him at a time when nobody will bid anywhere near to his true value.

Now is the time for him to show he cares about this football club and its fans by giving everything he can in what is left of this sorry season. Whether he is happy with his new boss or not he needs to give 100% and to show without doubt that he is doing that rather than appearing uninterested and unwilling to put in a shift as has been the case too often of late.

He may be unhappy with the club's reaction to what happened in the summer and after the Everton game but he twice put himself in a position where he was there to be shot at by the press and could expect the club to react as it did on the second occasion he did so. Jack now needs to get over it, to focus on his football and to try to rescue his own if not our season at the same time as well. 

What happens next season is anyone's guess. I would like to think he will have a great second half to the season, play every game, come back into international consideration again and play his part in keeping us up. But if the unthinkable does happen which appears more likely than not I would hope he would want to play his part in getting this club up next season whoever his manager is then rather than to look to abandon a sinking ship having done little to keep it afloat.

Don't waste your talent and look back at what might have been as others have done when it was too late Jack. You have an opportunity to be a hero at our football club. Stick around and prove you want to be as good consistently as you were in the semi-final last season you owe that to the club and to yourself.          

• Like 1

Â