The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

37 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I agree with this. I like to think that I know a good footballer when I see one, I don't need stats to tell me.

Does he score goals - no

Does he make goals - no

Does he help the team defend - no

29 games 1 goal 1 assist

please tell me what contribution he is making that I'm missing

overhyped show pony

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Does he score goals - no

Does he make goals - no

Does he help the team defend - no

29 games 1 goal 1 assist

please tell me what contribution he is making that I'm missing

overhyped show pony

He is one of the seven in our squad who actually managed to score a goal this season. He got an assist against County.

He has huge potential .

This is player who had 5 goals and 7 assists for County.

What your missing is patience.  

A proportion of Liverpool fans seem to think Benteke is useless. Again I'd suggest their missing patience.

Players take a while to adapt to managers and vice versa They need time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Villastine said:

He is one of the seven in our squad who actually managed to score a goal this season. He got an assist against County.

He has huge potential .

A proportion of Liverpool fans seem to think Benteke is useless. Again I'd suggest their missing patience.

29 games 1 goal 1 assist

Minimal contribution attacking-wise, No contribution defensively and a bad attitude

It will take a massive change in attitude for him to realise this "huge potential" he supposedly has

Plenty of examples of youngsters who have shone for a handful of games and then disappeared.  Grealish will be the next of them if he doesnt sort his act out

1 hour ago, Villastine said:

He has huge potential .

Hold up, I will get Hogdson on the blower, he must hear about this.

Cancel that summer holiday Jack.

What I like about this (as with all our players), is we ALWAYS without fail need to have patience. 

In a year he's done next to nothing. Why on earth do we have to wait about banging on about being patient and potential and adapting to different managers.

Let's stick with the here and now. He's **** shite and his attitude is abysmal.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How many 19 year olds play regular football at a good premier league level week in week out? Especially in a team like ours. Grealish, like a lot of promising players has reached the first big challenge in his career. This challenge is mainly down to himself so I feel little sympathy with him. But its how he sorts himself out from this point on. 

I don't disagree with the posts regarding his attitude or how bad he currently is. I strongly disagree with the idea that he's not a good player or hasn't played well in the past. Very rare that a club produces talent with such potential, we need to do everything we can to nuture it and get him back on track. A big problem, caused by himself, is that fans do not have the same attitude towards him as they did 6 months ago. 

The cup game against Notts County he was sensational and the entire holte was desperate for him to score. He played the whole game with a huge grin on his face, taking people on and setting up chances and goals for fun. Compare that to last night, falling over easily, head in his hands, moaning at the ref, no confidence to attack and making the most basic of errors, and fans pleased he was subbed. 

Test of his character and our coaching to see what the next step of his career will bring. 

Saved me a job of writing that DC :thumb:

I reckon Remi holds Jack and Adama in similar regard - he knows the potential is there and will keep chastising and provoking them gently to get it out of them. His words regarding Traore were quite similar a couple of months ago. He has a good track record in helping young guys reach their potential, so unless grealish thinks he's above that whole process I'd say it's all part of his learning curve.

Can't believe what I'm reading on this thread.

At 20 years old, how confident were you? Were you trying to work yourself out? I imagine most would tick 'yes'.

Let's add: at 20 years old, did you have 35,000 people scrutinising your decision every game, the national media scrutinising you every day? At 19 years old, did you have even more people telling you you were the best thing since sliced bread? At 20 years old, did you have even more people telling you you were a useless waste of space?

I expect this reactionary, overly-expectant mentality from the national press. I don't expect it from Villa fans who were heralding a kid as the best academy product of the last 15 years only 12 months ago.

He ain't the brightest and therefore he is even less likely to have this "back yourself" mentality at such a young age. He is impressionable. He and his family will see some of the rubbish printed about him on boards and on Twitter and in papers and it will therefore get to him for those reasons. He is going to make errors on and off the pitch, especially when his first real senior manager was Tim Sherwood - like an uncle who dares you to down his vodka aged 10.

It is truly pathetic how he has been treated. He could work harder, but quite obviously his biggest issue is a lack of confidence - hence why he is playing it safe too often. I cannot believe people cheered him going off. He must be in tatters.

If he leaves here and drops a league where he will under less pressure, he will definitely be playing at a higher level than Villa in a few years. Be careful what you wish for. Maybe try supporting him.

• Like 1

Jack's problem is he's too confident, if anything. He bought into all the hype around him, thinks he's made it, and his performances are now suffering for it.

Edit: In my opinion. I don't know the guy.

Edited by Phumfeinz

Again I think you've hit the nail on head with that assessment DC.  The only bit I wouldn't be completely sold on is sending him on loan.  He has done that already and I think if he is to become acclimatised to being a top Premier League player then he needs to be here learning how to become one.  I don't think there's much to learn at the lower levels.

Although I've just had the horrible thought that loaning him out next season could be loaning him UP to the Premier League in order to become that Premier League player :(

6 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Jack's problem is he's too confident, if anything. He bought into all the hype around him, thinks he's made it, and his performances are now suffering for it.

Edit: In my opinion. I don't know the guy.

I don't know the guy either. But like all human beings, they perform better when they are confident. He plays a role in the side where it is especially important to be confident to impact the game. He's well and truly had his kick up the backside by being dropped, and having watched him it's pretty obvious confidence is a big issue with him now.

If he's an arrogant bastard, which I don't think he is, the fans should embrace it and get behind him anyway because that's how he'll do well for Villa. If fans are gonna have a "well he earns too much and is playing like crap so I have the right to shout abuse at a 20 year old kid" attitude then he might as well just leave now and get his career back on track ASAP. If he goes to Derby (likeliest according to odds), he will absolutely destroy us next season. Mark my words.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Albrighton showed more potential at his age. Grealish is a average player with potential. Another over-hyped English player.

at same age Jack has 60 more senior league appearance. Albrighton was nearly 21 when he finally got games here

Â