The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

SGC, do you think Grealish has an attitude problem/issue with Garde?

I hope he stays and at least gets close to the form he is clearly capable of, I think a loan is pointless other than for fitness.

I think a few of the players have a problem with maybe not Garde then definitely Fox. PLayers like Lescott, Richards, Grealish maybe a few others seemed to be thankful for Tim when he left and maybe feel pissed off by it. 

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think a few of the players have a problem with maybe not Garde then definitely Fox. PLayers like Lescott, Richards, Grealish maybe a few others seemed to be thankful for Tim when he left and maybe feel pissed off by it. 

Definitely? Show us a quote.

• Like 2

I'm amazed at the last few pages of this thread. Genuinely surprised in the way he is spoken about. He needs our support now more than ever.

If you think he's a poor footballer, you're wrong. A cursory look on YouTube will show you that he can do things many footballer's cannot.

Stick with him.

• Like 4

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

I'm amazed at the last few pages of this thread. Genuinely surprised in the way he is spoken about. He needs our support now more than ever.

If you think he's a poor footballer, you're wrong. A cursory look on YouTube will show you that he can do things many footballer's cannot.

Stick with him.

I can put together a youtube video of any footballer and make them look a star mate.

To be involved at that level you have to have the ability - its obvious he does. But he hasn't got any work ethic, any desire to improve, his professionalism is poor (see nightclubs etc) - these things infact get you to the top of the elite pile compared to natural talent.

All the players there are quality - its just how well you apply yourself that counts, and he doesn't, and wont. That's why I speak of him the way I do. The pass he played to Gabby in the home game v West Ham late on last season was sublime - 40 yards, outside of the boot, right into his path so he didn't break stride (Gabby didn't score somehow!) - that is brilliant. But then next game he doesn't track his runner... 3 passes later we're picking the ball out of our net.

If he learnt from the second one - great. But he doesn't. And that's 100% on him.

I really hope that Remi's refusal to loan him out / sell him will have given him a boost.  He's had the stick, now here's the carrot - knowing he has a part to play in the rest of the season and figures in the manager's plans.  Get your head together and show us the performance level from the FA cup semi final again please Jack.

There is no way we should be looking to sell Grealish now. From what we have seen early on in his playing career for us, and the interest shown from people outside our club (Other teams and International managers) suggests that we have a right talent on our hands. Lets not hold the Summer events against him, and chase him out of the club. When those pictures appeared in the Summer, this was exactly what I feared would happen. A loss of form, and then he is painted as having a bad attitude and not caring about the club. He was stupid to allow that sort of stuff appear in the news, and he is now paying the price of that.

The reality of the situation is, It was always going to be a tough second season for Jack as defenders became wise to him. It is a common occurence for youngsters to have a storming first few months on the scene, before dropping away and losing form. Hopefully with some encouragement and support he can recapture his form again. Booing and slamming the kid is not helping anyone. Added to that he has had immense pressure poured onto him as our great saviour, which was never fair on a young lad in a struggling team. I bet he is feeling worse than most at this moment in time.

• Like 2

Sorry Chris, I messed up the quotes.

I will agree to disagree with the YouTube issue, it's gone round and around for many years. I think Jack's highlights show how much potential he has got, and that he has nowhere near reached his peak. I personally feel that Jack's ability is hard to dispute considering his age and experience and calibre of opposition.

However, I agree with you about attitude, although I will question how everyone seems to know how his attitude is so poor at this very moment in time. Attitude and application are so important in being successful, in any walk of life. He'll have had everyone, from his brother (who used to post here and seemed switched on) to his parents, to his coaches, to his manager etc, telling him he needs to work hard. He's not stupid either. He'll know, I suspect he just took his eye off the ball.

I think that the evidence suggests, given that Garde started him in our last game, that Jack has turned his attitude around. Garde doesn't seem the type to suffer fools gladly, do you think Jack would be anywhere near the team is for he wasn't working hard in training?

Watching him play recently however, you could argue he still had a lot to learn. Either he isn't quite fit enough, or he misreads the game on doesn't bother, but there are occasions where he could offer more defensive support.

Sometimes when players make their breakthrough, the opposition don't know how to play them, the youngster looks amazing and gets over hyped. Perhaps this has happened to Jack and teams know how to play him. Roughing him up seems to work.

In my opinion, he's good enough to offer a second chance to. Especially considering Traore is now injured, we could do with Jack putting in a few performances.

Perhaps he will get a chance at the weekend and remind us all, and especially they naysayers how good he is?

I hope so anyway.

• Like 1

Jack's sulked around like a stroppy teenager all season. He's supposed to have a Villa heart, and claret and blue pumping through his veins. Therefore when he does get a chance you'd think he'd be busting a nut for the cause, which clearly he isn't

Ditto Gabby

Either they start putting it in on the pitch when given the chance or they can **** off, just like anyone else.

It's all very well having talent, but if you have no desire then it means nothing. Absolutely nothing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

Stick with him.

Tonev looked brilliant on YouTube:P

I will agree to disagree with the YouTube issue, it's gone round and around for many years. I think Jack's highlights show how much potential he has got, and that he has nowhere near reached his peak. I personally feel that Jack's ability is hard to dispute considering his age and experience and calibre of opposition.

However, I agree with you about attitude, although I will question how everyone seems to know how his attitude is so poor at this very moment in time. Attitude and application are so important in being successful, in any walk of life. He'll have had everyone, from his brother (who used to post here and seemed switched on) to his parents, to his coaches, to his manager etc, telling him he needs to work hard. He's not stupid either. He'll know, I suspect he just took his eye off the ball.

I think that the evidence suggests, given that Garde started him in our last game, that Jack has turned his attitude around. Garde doesn't seem the type to suffer fools gladly, do you think Jack would be anywhere near the team is for he wasn't working hard in training?

Watching him play recently however, you could argue he still had a lot to learn. Either he isn't quite fit enough, or he misreads the game on doesn't bother, but there are occasions where he could offer more defensive support.

Sometimes when players make their breakthrough, the opposition don't know how to play them, the youngster looks amazing and gets over hyped. Perhaps this has happened to Jack and teams know how to play him. Roughing him up seems to work.

In my opinion, he's good enough to offer a second chance to. Especially considering Traore is now injured, we could do with Jack putting in a few performances.

Perhaps he will get a chance at the weekend and remind us all, and especially they naysayers how good he is?

I hope so anyway.

We are playing Wycombe at the weekend.;)

we could do with Jack putting in a few performances.

We could do with him performing but he won't. Which is the point about Jack this season.

I hope so anyway.

I think his problem is as well that he's earned himself a reputation as being one of those diving types - hence 2nd yellow v WBA last year. This in a way means he gets more rough treatment from players - but he's got to learn to expect that - if he's been shown to struggle with it.

His ability isn't in question full stop - but we can't keep persisting if he is going to offer no defensive support - its a harsh place to learn out there as the eyes of the world on him. This weekend will show another step in his progression - this is a game where his attitude and work rate will really be shown up because if he doesn't do that, he'll get made to look a clearing in the woods by players playing way below the standard he's used to. He'll know this as you say - enough people on him - but he's got to a) want it enough week in week out, and importantly in this context - b ) want it enough with us.

I do not at all doubt his ability. That pass I mentioned to Gabby was enough for me to see (I went to the game - I need to see these things myself to be sure, TV doesn't half blow smoke up arse) - I doubt the other things and that's purely on him. I hope he steps out of it, stops the sulk and fight for his shirt and what he professes to be his club. If he isn't doing this, he needs to be moved on. Until he does this - no one will pay big money for him.

So if Jack plays against Wycombe and plays well it doesn't count?

Ernie, I suspect you have already formed an opinion on Jack, which is your prerogative.

Nobody has said anything about Jack being the 'Birmingham Messi' however. That is strawman nonsense.

35 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

So if Jack plays against Wycombe and plays well it doesn't count?

To be honest the bare minimum you would expect from a premier league player is play well against a league 2 team.

Â