The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, villa89 said:

To be honest his weakness is really being exposed in the position he's playing in. He doesn't have pace and takes far too many touches on the ball. Seems clear to me that he needs to play centrally but with KDB in there hes not going to. Also defensively he's probably not a good enough tackler or physical enough to play in the middle. 

To me he has a bad manager who has no idea to deal with players with big personalities

Pep really is an overrated wannabee and Zlatan called him out years ago om his shit

He managed a top Bayern team and moneybags City to nothing

• Like 4

Correct me if I am wrong, but since joining man c$ty i think he has only won one medal, that is the title. In every final playing for the oil barons he has come away with a losing finalist medal (runners up), starting with the Euro final last year.

I think the only one off final that he was on the winning side was for us in the play off final v Derby 

I am sure that this will change this year, looks like liverplop or c$ty to share everything this year

8 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Sad thing is, he's probably the type of player we desperately need right now. 

This is true but if we were able to drop £100m on any player it’s likely they’d be a big improvement on what we’ve got. 

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

Sad thing is, he's probably the type of player we desperately need right now. 

Why? We don't play with wingers and we have Lil Emi and Lil Phil to play centrally

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

To me he has a bad manager who has no idea to deal with players with big personalities

Pep really is an overrated wannabee and Zlatan called him out years ago om his shit

He managed a top Bayern team and moneybags City to nothing

So out of all those great players and no doubt big personality’s he has managed the one person that calls him out is a man that refers to himself in the third person.

This means he can’t deal with players with big personalities? 

Jack isn’t as good as everyone thought he was and now he has top players around him it has become apparent.

This has nothing to do with Pep.  

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So out of all those great players and no doubt big personality’s he has managed the one person that calls him out is a man that refers to himself in the third person.

Jack isn’t as good as everyone thought he was and now he has top players around him it has become apparent.

Agree with most of this apart from him not being good enough

He doesn't suit how they play, them signing him still looks bizarre, they don't need him and don't play to his strengths 

To simply write him off as not good enough is harsh, I think klopp would get a lot more out of him for example 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Agree with most of this apart from him not being good enough

He doesn't suit how they play, them signing him still looks bizarre, they don't need him and don't play to his strengths 

To simply write him off as not good enough is harsh, I think klopp would get a lot more out of him for example 

Maybe. I just think he was allowed to try things at villa because we were fine with him losing the ball. You just can’t do that at the top clubs like City and even Liverpool who are both miles ahead of everyone.   This is why he is struggling in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe. I just think he was allowed to try things at villa because we were fine with him losing the ball. You just can’t do that at the top clubs like City and even Liverpool who are both miles ahead of everyone.   This is why he is struggling in my opinion.

I'm sure Liverpool do but do it through TAA and robertson, TAA in particular can have some shocking passing stats but that's because of what he's trying to do

• Like 1

He was bought for marketing as well as his talent, unfortunately I think more the latter. City need to increase there profile, winning the league year after year, is not really doing it. Having a maverick like Grealish is helping, City have kept in the news off season and with a goal scorer like Haaland if a success, it may start to sway things now Man United are losing that grip.

Anything to stop thinking about Man City and sports washing.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Etoo didn't like him either and some of the Bayern have said he was overrated

53 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He was bought for marketing as well as his talent, unfortunately I think more the latter. City need to increase there profile, winning the league year after year, is not really doing it. Having a maverick like Grealish is helping, City have kept in the news off season and with a goal scorer like Haaland if a success, it may start to sway things now Man United are losing that grip.

Anything to stop thinking about Man City and sports washing.

Especially with the World Cup in Qatar there’s going to be a lot more attention on Middle Eastern politics before and after. Just get Jack being in viral content and push the whole cheeky Jack videos and shirts to sell. How many minutes he plays are secondary to the branding. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I am confident that Grealish will show his true quality for Man City this coming season. He hasn’t become a bad player overnight, he carried us almost singlehandedly for a long time. He stayed with us in The Championship for 3 seasons when he could’ve jumped ship. I’ll always be grateful to him, the best player I’ve seen in a Villa shirt, hands down. When he played for us, our only tactic was to pass to Grealish, all of our attacks went through him, it was almost funny at times. He’s still a great player for me

I don’t, I think he’s a great player in the wrong team.  He’s at his best when let off the hook.  Pep is well known for for locking down exactly how to play and that doesn’t suit Jack.  As somebody said he would’ve flourished under Klopp but for me, from the moment he went to City, it was the wrong move.  Great player, wrong move and while he’ll win loads of trophies and gain large wealth he’ll not show the talent he has because he won’t be allowed to and may even regress.  With the likes of Foden and Alvarez around, he might find his time becoming more and more limited because they are better suited to Pep’s style.  Great player but a square peg in a round hole.

• Like 4

Â