The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

This guy had to play with the likes of Nakamba, Trezeguet and Samatta and people still begrudged him a move to a Premier League winning team under one of the greatest managers ever while we are stuck languishing under Stevie G. Get over it fellas.

• Like 3

Yeah your opinion of him seems to be based on whether or not you believed the "my club" PR bullshit, or even saw that bullshit or cared... 

Personally I didn't and don't 

Given up on footballer and even manager interviews, it's all guff that means nothing 

Too many bought in to it and can't let it go

Edit FWIW delph was the end of it for me, after what he did I don't care for anything footballers have to say 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah your opinion of him seems to be based on whether or not you believed the "my club" PR bullshit, or even saw that bullshit or cared... 

Personally I didn't and don't 

Given up on footballer and even manager interviews, it's all guff that means nothing 

Too many bought in to it and can't let it go

Totally, I don’t care anymore - but Grealish played the club, the fans and so much more. He was basically the husband telling his wife he loves her whilst swiping right on Tinder.

Fans have every right to be aggrieved. He has every right to move to Man City or Liverpool etc, but the way he did it was cheap and offensive to our club and fans.

And the way he did it damaged the club. Like I said he was flirting for a long time and then backing out (Spurs, Man United, I think even Chelsea) and just kept us all hanging on - for 3 consecutive seasons. Interviews in the months before about wanting to be like Totti, about the club being his life and soul and we know that at this time his agent was talking to Man City. The way he was playing both in public and behind the scenes rocked Villa and affected our club massively. Go sign for another club, but don’t use the leverage with fans to build hype, keeping the club waiting - whilst we need answers quickly. 

He was moments away from moving to United the season before too. It was what he did every summer. “What can I get elsewhere” whilst telling the world he loves us. 

Edited by Dodgyknees
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

Regardless of what you think of him as a person, or how he conducted himself with the transfer, it doesn't change the fact he was genuinely world class for us. 

There is no doubt we would have struggled at getting promoted without him.

I'm not a hater, but as far as I'm concerned, if he wanted to show his skills and become a icon, he should have stopped at Villa. If he wanted money and fame, Man City is the move, but he's not being able to express himself there, an still needs to change his football style, which is ashame.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Regardless of what you think of him as a person, or how he conducted himself with the transfer, it doesn't change the fact he was genuinely world class for us. 

Thats the thing for me. He always performed on the pitch for us.  No one in our current squad come even close. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Thats the thing for me. He always performed on the pitch for us.  No one in our current squad come even close. 

He's a class player, but his attitude and the way he has treated the club and the fans - including the situations he got himself into, was and is disgraceful.

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

He's a class player, but his attitude and the way he has treated the club and the fans - including the situations he got himself into, was and is disgraceful.

I prefer to judge on how they perform for the team but ok 

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He'll get an assist today and will be an integral part of the team this season.

I'm going for...No assist, plays shit, subbed off on 65 for Bernardo Silva..I get a cup of tea and head over to the Jack Grealish thread on the Bluemoon forum for post match reaction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

I'm going for...No assist, plays shit, subbed off on 65 for Bernardo Silva..I get a cup of tea and head over to the Jack Grealish thread on the Bluemoon forum for post match reaction.

You're right so far, 15 mins away from completing your prediction

Watching city again because of Jack. I still hope he does well, and has an impact on the game. 

But no. Jack is not part of their game at all. He gets the ball every now and then, and passes it sideways. In the first half, he once tried a through pass and failed, and all of city's bench yelled at him for losing the ball. Pep jumped up and showed signs like "what are you doing moron". They showed Jack on the feed thereafter, and at that moment, I felt for Jack. He's in the wrong place, and he knows it.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Watching city again because of Jack. I still hope he does well, and has an impact on the game. 

But no. Jack is not part of their game at all. He gets the ball every now and then, and passes it sideways. In the first half, he once tried a through pass and failed, and all of city's bench yelled at him for losing the ball. Pep jumped up and showed signs like "what are you doing moron". They showed Jack on the feed thereafter, and at that moment, I felt for Jack. He's in the wrong place, and he knows it.

I wish I could be as understanding and as nice as you are. All I can think is “you made your bank note filled bed, now you can lie in it” you’re a much better person than me! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I wish I could be as understanding and as nice as you are. All I can think is “you made your bank note filled bed, now you can lie in it” you’re a much better person than me! 

What does this even mean lol. You've made your bed now lie in it is normally something you say when someone's made a decision that has landed them in a bad situation.

I'm sure Jack is loving life lol

Â