The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is he worth a punt in FPL this season?

Problem with Man City players is you never know who's going to play ffs.

I'm thinking with Sterling gone he might get more of a consistent run?

The only Man City midfielder or forward I'd pick would be Haaland, who will start most games.

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is he worth a punt in FPL this season?

Problem with Man City players is you never know who's going to play ffs.

I'm thinking with Sterling gone he might get more of a consistent run?

I've picked him. I'd imagine he'll play more and with Haaland there should get more assists. 

• Like 1

I have a feeling Grealish will be excellent this season. Pep's second season thing is well documented, and there's no sign that Grealish is being shut out. With Sterling out of the picture, I'd expect this to be a breakthrough season for him at City, and having a proper striker on the end of things will help him rack up the assists. Very good value in FPL, even if he doesn't start every game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I have a feeling Grealish will be excellent this season. Pep's second season thing is well documented, and there's no sign that Grealish is being shut out. With Sterling out of the picture, I'd expect this to be a breakthrough season for him at City, and having a proper striker on the end of things will help him rack up the assists. Very good value in FPL, even if he doesn't start every game.

The thing that'll destroy Jack is Jack. If he starts picking up the assists this season, it won't strengthen his resolve to be a better professional. He'll be living it up in Manc. Then when Pep leaves and his successor doesn't fancy Jack, the wheels will fall off. The following season, after a campaign blighted by injuries, the rumours swirl about Jack being sold. If their owners stick around, Newcastle might want him. 

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The thing that'll destroy Jack is Jack. If he starts picking up the assists this season, it won't strengthen his resolve to be a better professional. He'll be living it up in Manc. Then when Pep leaves and his successor doesn't fancy Jack, the wheels will fall off. The following season, after a campaign blighted by injuries, the rumours swirl about Jack being sold. If their owners stick around, Newcastle might want him. 

I don't think the lifestyle will really hit Jack until he's into his 30s. He'll get away with it for a few more years. He's lucky that he doesn't put weight on.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I really don't get what people get out of calling him a different name

It's what comes up on predictive text, people have been using it for years

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Hope he can recapture this form next season. Football has been deprived of his style for a whole year. Easily my favourite player to watch.

He's an incredible talent. An old fashioned dribbler who doesn't have any tricks, but just uses a drop of the shoulders or a change of pace to beat his man.

I agree, I hope he justifies that price tag at some point. He's good for the game, regardless of what he does off the pitch.

• Like 2

On 25/07/2022 at 15:50, KentVillan said:

I don't think the lifestyle will really hit Jack until he's into his 30s. He'll get away with it for a few more years. He's lucky that he doesn't put weight on.

You are right, I think he is on his last legs, just a few more years and he's done.

Oh, wait a minute.... Maybe, just maybe, HE IS an elite athlete?! 

grealish.jpg

• Like 1

Â