The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 19/07/2022 at 15:40, lapal_fan said:

Yea, the reason it's funny at Primark/Spoons is because they're establishments obviously not catering for the type of people who are used to greeters, or probably even know what a greeter is.  The places themselves are "common". 

It's not funny at Man City because these players probably see greeters in every hotel/airport they've ever been to.  

Good on the guy for taking the cash though and getting more exposure, this will get him more traction than the spoons videos because of the numbers watching it.  It just doesn't work as well from a comedic point of view. 

Let’s be honest though, if Purslow had arranged it outside Bodymoor we’d all be saying how brilliant and funny it all was. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Let’s be honest though, if Purslow had arranged it outside Bodymoor we’d all be saying how brilliant and funny it all was. 

maybe but i dont agree on the face of it the joke is lost because he's a posh greeter at places you (rightly or wrongly) associate with being poor

it loses something with millionaire footballers

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

maybe but i dont agree on the face of it the joke is lost because he's a posh greeter at places you (rightly or wrongly) associate with being poor

it loses something with millionaire footballers

Possibly, footballers aren’t typically posh though. They are mostly working class lads who’ve won the lottery in life. The confused looks on their faces is genuine. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Possibly, footballers aren’t typically posh though. They are mostly working class lads who’ve won the lottery in life. The confused looks on their faces is genuine. 

they're multi millionaires who travelled their first class coming from a 5 star hotel probably in a chauffeured mercedes in to a world class training facility, he cant make jokes about them wanting to stay there because the carpets are sticky, which was funny because we all know that's true in a weatherspoons 

its not the reaction of the people I ever found funny with him, its the content of what he's saying and the delivery, the way he backhandedly compliments primark or B&M bargains and he doesnt do that with man city or their players - probably because they paid him to do it - and that is my problem with it, he's lost something in his joke

Jack Grealish being oblivious to the word symmetrical doesn't make me laugh 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That goalie must be one of the shortest around.

Same height as Shay Given apparently

Ochoa was one of the best around in his day, just never got a big move

• Like 1

6 minutes in, Robson is one of the better pundits about and knows his stuff. I think this is one of the first times I have heard somebody say what he actually did at Villa instead of the Souness crap of holding the ball and winning fouls. I also agree he is afraid to lose the ball

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

6 minutes in, Robson is one of the better pundits about and knows his stuff. I think this is one of the first times I have heard somebody say what he actually did at Villa instead of the Souness crap of holding the ball and winning fouls. I also agree he is afraid to lose the ball

Robson is brilliant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Literally everyone says that about Grealish at City.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Now city have got a proper striker his figures are going to go up this year. 
Assisted Haaland for a debut goal yesterday 

He was man of the match according to the BBC article.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Now city have got a proper striker his figures are going to go up this year. 
Assisted Haaland for a debut goal yesterday 

I mean considering they still scored a shed load of goals last season regardless, not sure how Haaland being there means his stats will double. 

Haaland is very talented but he can only incrementally improve an already phenomenal team. 
Jack stats will be similar this season as last season I envision, possibly he might get even less game time then last season too. 

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I mean considering they still scored a shed load of goals last season regardless, not sure how Haaland being there means his stats will double. 

Haaland is very talented but he can only incrementally improve an already phenomenal team. 
Jack stats will be similar this season as last season I envision, possibly he might get even less game time then last season too. 

Different type of goalscorer / striker, proper out and out front man with good anticipation and movement, should result in city spending less time making 100 passes on the edge of the box and Grealish always looking to pass backwards 

Everything that was said about him at villa in terms of chance creation not resulting in assists and him needing a better striker in front of him... Well he now has as good as he will ever get in his career 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

They played with a false 9 a lot, Haaland is an out and out number 9. Jack was still high on chance creation last season. You out Haaland there to finish them and it’s a different ball game. 

If you can’t see how Jacks figures would improve then I think you’re just showing a bias because he left.

Â