The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, MNVillan said:

This is pretty tough to watch. I have no idea if he has a problem as I’m not privy to his life, for all I know he drinks a few times per year and it just always happens to get caught on camera. But it’s getting to the point where I’m not remotely surprised that these sorts of videos keep coming out. Ffs, at the very least you have plenty of money - host people at your house instead of falling over outside a night club.

I’m just hoping someone is looking out for his well-being, because if nobody is and this actually is a problem, the likely way it would end is in legal troubles or rehab (or both).

It also makes me curious about English youth football culture (I have zero idea what it’s like). But it would be a massive shame if this is all happening because he watched the likes of Gabby and co. as a youngster at the club. Surely we have a professional team in our academy to keep the youth in line if they would ever start getting starry eyed at some less than ideal role models on the senior squad.

I dont think anybody is looking out for him, his agent doesn't care and I think his girlfriend dumped him. His Dad I am not sure cares about anything but the money and attention, this is somebody that fell out with Roy Keane in the media when Jack was 18. His manager has no people skills compared to Smith who protected him

Its all a bit Gazza at the moment 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think anybody is looking out for him, his agent doesn't care and I think his girlfriend dumped him. His Dad I am not sure cares about anything but the money and attention, this is somebody that fell out with Roy Keane in the media when Jack was 18. His manager has no people skills compared to Smith who protected him

thats up for debate...pep has a different style of management skills, he's not putting up with his shit, he'll no doubt be dropped again, you could argue that smith protecting him didnt actually change him whereas pep is trying to get it out of him (and obviously failing)

his "mates" are no use to anyone, im pretty sure this is the 3rd time he's been pictured out with Mahrez but he's muslim and doesnt drink, we can all guess what kyle walker is like

you cant help someone who wont help themselves

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe in relative terms with the way players are today but he's so far off what Gazza's was lifestyle wise.  Modern day Jack would be one of the soberest and well behaved players in the game in Gazza's time.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe in relative terms with the way players are today but he's so far off what Gazza's was lifestyle wise.  Modern day Jack would be one of the soberest and well behaved players in the game in Gazza's time.

I saw an interview with Rooney saying hw would get smashed at his time at United due to the pressure. I wonder if this is similar to Grealish.

Jack probably needs to call Rooney or Tony Adams just for a sit down 

Sadly just a case of wants and needs being two entirely different things. Wanted to be at the top club, on the top money and get automatic England call ups - but possibly needs to be somewhere that'll give him the platform to play every game and can handle the off field antics. But if he doesn't have the natural desire to get back to the football then he is definitely going the way of other wasted talents have before. Thought it'd be satisfying to see his move not work out - in reality it's just a shame all round.

• Like 1

I think Alvarez will replace him the way he is going and city will sell him. No doubt he is a good lad but normally when you start a new job everything is on point. With this kid he's just a mess and doesn't appear in a good place, if anything he's currently in reverse. He's lowering himself from hero to zero with his behaviour. I'd like to say it's a shame but it really isn't. 

quickly realising that his new fans don't see him as one of their own

does this in brum whilst playing for us, does a villa fan take videos and plaster it all over social media? possibly, but less likely

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

does this in brum whilst playing for us, does a villa fan take videos and plaster it all over social media? possibly, but less likely

Well anyone could have done (Blues fans, Baggies fans, neutral fans)

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

That's because he's not, he's one of our own

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Roy Keane commented on his Dad? Be interested to see that if there's any quotes.

20 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Roy Keane commented on his Dad? Be interested to see that if there's any quotes.

If it’s Roy Keane, there’ll be quotes. 

I’m surprised he hasn’t quoted himself at this stage. He’s pretty much the only person involved in football he hasn’t branded a lazy idiot.

• Haha 2

The problem here is how many times will it happen?

Once - you can probably excuse it (although it was drink driving which to me is even worse..) he then moves club which immediately is a fresh new start and Pep obviously wants him to reign it in after all that nonsense with Foden and he STILL continues with his off field rubbish.

Kamikaze. Being a drunk driver who could have killed someone I have little sympathy for him as he’s a raging dickhead but on some very small human level I hope he sorts himself out. 

Â