The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Alcohol really does impact athletes: 
“In particular, alcohol can make you far more prone to injury, and that happens in a variety of ways. It alters the sequence of the different phases of your sleep cycle, which reduces your body's ability to store glycogen – a crucial energy source that you need for endurance – as well as increasing the levels of the stress hormone cortisol, and that slows down healing. This is still the case even if you stopped drinking six hours before you went to bed”

Which makes what Mcgrath did  a miracle, as he  also barely trained due to his knees.

I know football is more athletic now but still.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2022 at 00:11, samjp26 said:

He’s currently trending for:

1. A video showing him to be a substance abuser at a very high ilk

2. A video showing him to be an incredibly good hearted man 

You can be both of these things, but you can ‘t do both of these things and be an elite professional athlete. Somebody just kidnap him and lock him in BMH please 

Indeed it is. Easy enough to snort a couple of thick one's in the bogs of Acorns and then hand over a big cheque for 'charity' . Bloke I know did similar years ago at our golf club on a charity night, made him feel even more righteous with a sycophantic grin on his face when the local rag took some pics 

Are people really suggesting that Grealish was on the sniff while out in public with his team mates and being chaperoned by Citeh security staff? Or that he may have been hooked on sleeping pills while playing the best football of his life for us last year, genuinely looking like he could be one of the best players on the planet?

I think he's got an issue with drink that could very well stop him from reaching his full potential, but let's not lose the plot completely.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Are people really suggesting that Grealish was on the sniff while out in public with his team mates and being chaperoned by Citeh security staff? Or that he may have been hooked on sleeping pills while playing the best football of his life for us last year, genuinely looking like he could be one of the best players on the planet?

I think he's got an issue with drink that could very well stop him from reaching his full potential, but let's not lose the plot completely.

You never know. Paul Merson was incredible whilst being pissed and drugged up 24/7. 

16 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Not sure about the coke but fairly confident on the pills.  

43 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Neither are really beyond the realm of possibly. Especially for someone with a history of using laughing gas - people will have questions about the potential for other things beyond booze. Let’s not act like a handler is chained to him in the toilet. 

31 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Fwiw I think some of it is fair and some of is a over the top.

Eating a lollipop to stop his jaw gurning cos he's off his tits on pills or coke... On top of his sleeping pill habit and time he missed "injured" which was really serving a ban for coke... 

Which would you put that under? 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Eating a lollipop to stop his jaw gurning cos he's off his tits on pills or coke... On top of his sleeping pill habit and time he missed "injured" which was really serving a ban for coke... 

I'd file that under ' Opinions spouted as facts' 

Coke is possible, I used to live with a professional footballer and many of their peers were at it every Saturday night.

We know high-profile footballers who got away with it for years and many we don't know about.

We know clubs will cover for their assets, we know it's possible to hide the signs, we know words removed like Guardiola will deflect the criticism when applicable.

Squad player for one of the best sides of his day, not too bad. If I was him I hope I’d play abroad before playing for City. 

As for the theories I expect he likes to switch off from real life when he can. Villa fans on his case 24/7, some city fans let down by him as a signing, his own personal/family issues. Must start to weigh on you. 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Over the top.

47 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Squad player for one of the best sides of his day, not too bad. If I was him I hope I’d play abroad before playing for City. 

As for the theories I expect he likes to switch off from real life when he can. Villa fans on his case 24/7, some city fans let down by him as a signing, his own personal/family issues. Must start to weigh on you. 

100 million squad player 😂

Some Premier League teams entire squad isnr worth that much

Â