The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If he stays then once the press have got over tearing Jack apart for lack of ambition they will then start to spin the narrative that the Villa are in financial difficulties because we signed Buendia and Bailey were obviously signed with a view of receiving £100m and now Dean Smith is facing a crises because he won't be able to keep all the players happy now that Jack is staying.

A fella at a builders merchant stoped me on the way out of the yard yesterday literally waved me down and shouted as if I had robbed the place and said “looks like your boy Jack is off” rather smug, I replied asking why and his take on it just because we spent £60m + so far he’s off, I told him we’ve spent £100m per season since promotion but he could get his head around that for some reason ,even though he was very vocal few years ago about us “doing a fulham”

• Like 1

I can't quite make my mind up if the time this is taking is good or bad with regards Jack staying.

I suspect the Kane situation has thrown a spanner in the works, and if Man City are suddenly less keen on him because of the heightened opportunity to get Kane, then that should tell him everything he needs to know about how he would be viewed there - just another player.

If there is an agreement that he could leave of £100m - either it's been met or not.
I think the cash + player element is easy to dismiss, but if the payment terms are being debated, this could really piss Jack off and make him think we are moving the goal posts.

I suspect both sides would want this sorted very quickly because of knock on effects, and the more reliable press comments have suggested this. Can't help but feel we have to know by tomorrow night as it makes such a massive difference to the clubs plans for the completion of the transfer window.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

A fella at a builders merchant stoped me on the way out of the yard yesterday literally waved me down and shouted as if I had robbed the place and said “looks like your boy Jack is off” rather smug, I replied asking why and his take on it just because we spent £60m + so far he’s off, I told him we’ve spent £100m per season since promotion but he could get his head around that for some reason ,even though he was very vocal few years ago about us “doing a fulham”

That dude could work for Sky, wasted as a merchant

Image result for i thank you austin powers gif

• Haha 2

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Looks like Grealish isn’t actually practicing so far. Just sitting around with adidas sandals on after getting his heel taped up.

*Breaking - Grealish transfer off after devastating Heel injury blow*

Am I doing this right?

2 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

I can't quite make my mind up if the time this is taking is good or bad with regards Jack staying.

I suspect the Kane situation has thrown a spanner in the works, and if Man City are suddenly less keen on him because of the heightened opportunity to get Kane, then that should tell him everything he needs to know about how he would be viewed there - just another player.

If there is an agreement that he could leave of £100m - either it's been met or not.
I think the cash + player element is easy to dismiss, but if the payment terms are being debated, this could really piss Jack off and make him think we are moving the goal posts.

I suspect both sides would want this sorted very quickly because of knock on effects, and the more reliable press comments have suggested this. Can't help but feel we have to know by tomorrow night as it makes such a massive difference to the clubs plans for the completion of the transfer window.

If we have an agreement to let him go for 100m, that’s 100m on our terms, not players exchanged and money paid over 3 centuries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Looks like Grealish isn’t actually practicing so far. Just sitting around with adidas sandals on after getting his heel taped up.

it does have a feeling of just being out there so as not to stir up hysteria. the twitter accounts that are there have not actually confirmed he's out there training

Just now, leemond2008 said:

If he stays then once the press have got over tearing Jack apart for lack of ambition they will then start to spin the narrative that the Villa are in financial difficulties because we signed Buendia and Bailey were obviously signed with a view of receiving £100m and now Dean Smith is facing a crises because he won't be able to keep all the players happy now that Jack is staying.

I love the fact that we are seen as the “upstarts” or are constantly underestimated and the established order & media are getting annoyed, upset and fearful of us 🤣

I love it, we just do our own thing and don’t give a shit about the media or the perception of anyone else… we’re not interested in being “part of the crowd” or playing to their tune…

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

*Breaking - Grealish transfer off after devastating Heel injury blow*

Am I doing this right?

You just missed out "After chair mysteriously collapses during green marquee session"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

As posted in the Tammy thread John percy saying villa are in for Tammy and  tuanzebe - if so would we still keep jack ? Be some options amazing if we did 

If pessimism is your thing then it could be us spending the Grealish money to add more attacking options.

Â