The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I hope NWSE really go for it and not only keep Jack but build a squad that can really compete for top 4 this year.

With FFP being 'relaxed' it's an opportunity to really flex their financial muscles. They need to back Johan & Dean to the hilt and next year we won't have this BS with CL to offer Jack.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Jack Grealish has the potential to be a football legend who will also be recognised by non football people all over the world.

So true. My girlfriend knows more about Jack Grealish than offside rules.

Edited by hong0311
  • Like 1

Im 36 so Paul McGrath is my yardstick on legend statusAfter that I got Gabby, Stan & Mellberg but they're just soft spots.

I've believed Jack stays, period. Before the Euros I think many of us believed there wouls be speculation but no chance we sell. £100m+ right? This recent post Euros silly season has been telegraphrd, to my eye it has mirrored Gerrard to Chelsea so much. Hometown hero has the bright lights of new money splashed before his eyes. Are heads turned? You bet your bollocks getting offered £300/400k a week, turns heads. 

Its all noise. When he signs the new contract, when Jack turns down glitz and immediate hits for something great, something only a select few will ever attain - immortality. That's when he enters the discussion of the pantheon of greats. Mortimer, McGrath, Bremner.

Arise, Sir Jack!

Villa to finish ahead of Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester. Qualify for at least EL. Jack to pull the strings at Qatar 22 with Champions League fixture congestion on the mind.

Optimism or bust.

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

I mean, isn't he favourite to stay because all the idiots here keep lumping on him 🤣

Yeah I thought odds change depending on who's putting money on what. Doesn't really indicate anything. Not like you can discern if the people lumping are ITK.

So, legit ITK and massive Bucks fan but not known for his soccer ball connections. If Wes Edens wanted to manage a narrative for Villa fans he’d use a source he can control, who lacks any other contacts to confirm or contradict the specific line he’s being fed.

Furthermore a source who’s happy to cooperate and be onside with the owner of the team that he follows. 

That line, coincidentally, is the most romantic possible outcome and one Villa fans would love. Much better than ‘Jack wanted to go, but Citeh won’t pony up the cash required and our club captain is now in an embarrassing situation’. 

Obviously all total guess work, but that makes as much sense to me as anything else. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

So, legit ITK and massive Bucks fan but not known for his soccer ball connections. If Wes Edens wanted to manage a narrative for Villa fans he’d use a source he can control, who lacks any other contacts to confirm or contradict the specific line he’s being fed.

Furthermore a source who’s happy to cooperate and be onside with the owner of the team that he follows. 

That line, coincidentally, is the most romantic possible outcome and one Villa fans would love. Much better than ‘Jack wanted to go, but Citeh won’t pony up the cash required and our club captain is now in an embarrassing situation’. 

Obviously all total guess work, but that makes as much sense to me as anything else. 

He’s not a legit ITK!!!

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

If Wes Eden’s wanted to use a source he can control he’d use the AVFC Twitter account, not some random NFL guy in the US. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

With there being no confirmed news or updates, I wonder how much this is costing the club?

For example, my boy is desperate for a shirt with Grealish on the back, but I won't buy it for him until I know he's staying. There will surely be other much more major financial implications in the short and long term that will negatively affect us. Jack Grealish undoubtedly raises the profile of the club.

9 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

With there being no confirmed news or updates, I wonder how much this is costing the club?

For example, my boy is desperate for a shirt with Grealish on the back, but I won't buy it for him until I know he's staying. There will surely be other much more major financial implications in the short and long term that will negatively affect us. Jack Grealish undoubtedly raises the profile of the club.

less than they will be making from social media and other internet traffic

saw kane / spurs or other various forms of that story were 5 of the UKs top 10 trends on social media yesterday, you better believe Levy can turn that in to money, we will be doing the same, this is building up up up...when he says **** it im not leaving it'll be a global story not a national one if we time it right

7 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

City favourites on PP still. Villa evens

It's almost as if bookies have absolutely zero knowledge of the actual situation and their odds are purely a reflection of the bets that have been placed on their particular platform. 

• Like 1

Right, 14th wedding anniversary today and in Cornwall at the moment on holiday.

Mrs F won’t be impressed if I’m glued to my phone and VT all day, so direct message to Jack - please sign your new and improved contract by 9am so I can concentrate on Mrs F and the kids today.  🙏🏻🖊📯🎊🎉💜💙

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Right, 14th wedding anniversary today and in Cornwall at the moment on holiday.

Mrs F won’t be impressed if I’m glued to my phone and VT all day, so direct message to Jack - please sign your new and improved contract by 9am so I can concentrate on Mrs F and the kids today.  🙏🏻🖊📯🎊🎉💜💙

Congrats and have a lovely time! Me and the missus got wed in Cornwall, on the 26th of May a few years back. My Villa fan ushers chuckled during my speech when I said the date would forever be ingrained on my heart 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Someone can slap me afterwards but I’m being swayed by the dark side. I’ve just stepped foot on the boat of pessimism and  now think he’s going. 70% likelihood is what I’m giving it. Too much seems to suggest contract negotiations with Man City are what’s taking so long. New contract would’ve been done and dusted by now…. In other words, I’m just now buying into what Fabrizio tweeted on Friday.

Â