The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think a defensive Centre midfielder is a sweeper, wrong side of the center back for me.

That kind of defensive assistance HAS to sit in front of the defensive line though.  Modern mobile strikers playing on the shoulders of the defence would have a field day of there was an another defender behind them, so the sweeping up has to happen in front of the defensive line now.   

And of course they can then join in the double

Moving Friends Tv GIF

16 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

There's even more to it than that! Go back a few passes before Sterling first gets the ball, Maguire has it at a literal standstill near the center circle clearly looking for a forward option, but everyone is just standing around either marked or blocked off. Suddenly, Jack comes running back from the attacking third right between two Germans and Maguire fizzes it to him, he starts to control it to turn but slips as a German player begins to pressure him from behind, but he sees the one that had been blocking off Rice is coming towards him too, so he toe pokes the ball to Rice, who goes to Phillips, who then finds Sterling. Jack turns and runs from the center circle to the box.

He enables the entire move by showing for the ball in a densely packed midfield when everyone else is static and drawing defenders towards him to make space for the passes, then effectively starts the sequence by getting the ball to Rice at the last second.

Yes, he actually STARTED the move from an offensive point of view so actually had 2 key passes in the goal. 

But yes, other than 2 crucial interventions in the move his role is essentially being overplayed. 

Edited by sidcow

13 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s a Deep Defensive Forward Thrust. But I’m just taking the MIK. 

Well you deliberately manufactured it but what the hey. 

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

changed the crowd, gave us more confidence I think

Did you see those 2 guys on the TV pictures literally losing their shit because he was coming on the pitch?  Crowd were so up for him. 

31 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

A DCM could also be described as a DLP which in turn could be a DLCM. Equally a CAM when employed could be a double pivoting LAM or indeed a RAM or even CLM or CRM if the single pivot was used to decoy the double or triple pivot. If we were to use a DDFT instead of the more traditional DFT I think that would release the CBP earlier and allow more fluidity for the ROF and/or  LOF. 

Thoughts? 

GTFO. 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

But ‘his part’ was setting up both goals! I know the first was assist to an assist but that would not have been the pass with any other player.

I think Shaw would've made the same pass, had their positions been reversed (he made just that sort of pass in the build up to the second goal when their positions effectively were reversed).  Grealish, Shaw and Kane have started to form a nice alliance.  All three also combined in the goal against the Czechs; Shaw was effectively a decoy in that, but Jack conspicuously checked behind himself twice in the build up to that goal to see where Shaw was, drawing out one of the Czech defenders with the second glance.

Edited by deck

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sancho sold for 90m Euros according to reports, Jack is worth much, much more.

Don't know about that. Sancho is much younger and got something like 15/20 goals/assists last season. He's one of the top wingers on the continent.

Right now, he looks like he gives Jack a run for his money, but compare Sancho to Jack 4 years ago. They're both very special players but I don't think there's any real basis for claiming Jack's worth "much, much more".

Sancho only getting 5 minutes this tournament is absolutely absurd.

Edited by Davkaus

FWIW, I think we'd be insane to let Jack go for 90m euros. 

We have the advantage of being a considerably richer club than Dortmund so we can afford to snub an offer like that. Like for like though, if Sancho played for Villa, would we think he was worth much, much less than Grealish? Not a chance.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

FWIW, I think we'd be insane to let Jack go for 90m euros. 

We have the advantage of being a considerably richer club than Dortmund so we can afford to snub an offer like that. Like for like though, if Sancho played for Villa, would we think he was worth much, much less than Grealish? Not a chance.

I think Sancho is a fantastic top level player when I’ve seen him play for Dortmund.  Jack though is a Superstar.  That’s the difference for me.  Jack has an X factor that very few players have.

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think Sancho is a fantastic top level player when I’ve seen him play for Dortmund.  Jack though is a Superstar.  That’s the difference for me.  Jack has an X factor that very few players have.

Agree. Jack has that x-factor that people and the media love. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Did you see those 2 guys on the TV pictures literally losing their shit because he was coming on the pitch?  Crowd were so up for him. 

Yep and said this earlier but the Germans were literally psyched out by his presence. Just being on the pitch was enough to unsettle their defensive shape because they’re all terrified what he’ll do.

If he starts against Ukraine I fully expect someone to clatter Jack hard and early. His reputation now precedes him. 

Just now, Awol said:

If he starts against Ukraine I fully expect someone to clatter Jack hard and early. His reputation now precedes him. 

Yes, watching their game last night that went through my mind as well. 

Â